Originally Posted by JSP
I've had one of these for a bit now. Not needed to use it.
It says in the reat riviting read manual that the black must not be connected to the - Neg of the battery but to an earth some where on the engine. So Not sure if you can use it to power things?
Mine has a 12V cig lighter socket on it too.
Thats just a safety issue, if you jump any vehicle you always connect the earth to the body last because it will make a spark, you want that spark well away from a battery thats producing a stoichiometric hydrogen oxygen mix because its been heavily discharged when cranking.
if they blow up its usually very loud and spectacular, many people have lost eyes to plastic shrapnel.
The acid is usually less injurous but can cause burns if not washed off fairly quickly.