Old 27 November 2010, 14:47   #1

Town: limerick
Boat name: miss behavin
Make: zodiac and tomcat an
Length: 3m +
Engine: 50hpyam jet 30hp mar
zodiac pro jet 650cc yamaha

well everone you all sound like you know ribs and maybe somebody can help me out i need a manual for my kids projet its a zodiac 50hp yamaha 650cc it was parked up a couple of months and now it wont turn over off the key ive tried everything except the starter moter does anybody know does the engine need to come out to remove it how does the drive seperate etc etc im boating over 20trs but a new convert to ribs big boys and small boys toys great fun thanks in advance from a concerned father
Old 27 November 2010, 17:06   #2

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
well everone you all sound like you know ribs and maybe somebody can help me out i need a manual for my kids projet its a zodiac 50hp yamaha 650cc it was parked up a couple of months and now it wont turn over off the key ive tried everything except the starter moter does anybody know does the engine need to come out to remove it how does the drive seperate etc etc im boating over 20trs but a new convert to ribs big boys and small boys toys great fun thanks in advance from a concerned father
i'm asuming your battery ain't flat and it's not in gear and the kill cord is attached, take the cowling off and flick the key on, does the starter click?
Old 28 November 2010, 17:34   #3

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
It may be worthwhile you starting a dedicated thread for this in the 'Bits & Pieces' section
Old 29 November 2010, 16:15   #4

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
It may be worthwhile you starting a dedicated thread for this in the 'Bits & Pieces' section
im new to this thank you for putting me on the right track.
cheers
Old 29 November 2010, 16:33   #5

many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
i'm asuming your battery ain't flat and it's not in gear and the kill cord is attached, take the cowling off and flick the key on, does the starter click?
hi there thanks for the reply but i tried all that connections battery and im getting a click off the solinoide mounted under the steering and i crossed the solinoide and nothing at the starter so i think its the starter which is under the engine as in jet skies i think
im new to the forum and did not realise i was hijacking somebodys thread many apologies im starting a thread in bits and pieces if you have any more ideas i would love to hear them
cheers again
Old 29 November 2010, 16:57   #6

zodiac pro jet 650cc yamaha

has anybody out there the misfortune of haveing to remove the starter from a zodiac pro jet its the same set up as a jet ski im told 50hp 650cc yamaha 1991, can it be done without removeing the whole engine its well tucked in under the exhaust maifold etc etc
Old 29 November 2010, 20:42   #7

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
I'd be tempted to try another battery. Sounds exactly like when my ski battery went flat over winter. Just not enough to turn it over ..... battery was just worn out after 3 years. A new battery and span up fine/faster...
Old 29 November 2010, 21:05   #8

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
I'd be tempted to try another battery. Sounds exactly like when my ski battery went flat over winter. Just not enough to turn it over ..... battery was just worn out after 3 years. A new battery and span up fine/faster...
Walla Before you shell out on a new battery, check the current one with a multi-meter. If the battery is still servicable (cells can be accessed by unscrewing the plastic cross-heads on top). Have a look inside with a torch (ensure area is well ventilated) and top up the battery plates with distilled water if the electrolyte solution looks low). If you have a trickle charger - then hook it up for a couple of days. It should hold a charge of around 12.7 - 13.5v (12 hours after charging). Ensure battery terminals are clean (use a little copper-ease or vaseline) to lubricate before attaching battery cables. Test again a few days later.
Old 02 December 2010, 20:21   #9

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: TwoGees
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercruiser diesel
check your earth connection to the engine
Old 23 December 2011, 02:23   #10

Town: Canberra
Boat name: projet
Make: Zodiac
Engine: petrol
I had the same problem. You need to check that your impellor housing hasnt expaned around your impellor. The engine will no move if your impellor is jamed?
Old 24 December 2011, 07:00   #11

Town: Chichester
Boat name: Rib
Make: Avon 450
Engine: Yammy 50hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdess View Post
I had the same problem. You need to check that your impellor housing hasnt expaned around your impellor. The engine will no move if your impellor is jamed?
Seconded. Remove the protective cowl at the back of the engine, and this should expose the coupler between the crank shaft and the drive shaft. Try and turn this by hand and you will see if the engine/impeller are seized.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:59   #12

Town: Falmouth
Boat name: Keyview
Make: Zodiac Projet
Engine: inboard, petrol
I have a Zodiac Pro Jet rib series 2051 1991 4.20 meters - Yamaha inboard engine
does any one know where I might be able to purchase a new ignition switch?
Old 26 May 2019, 00:33   #13

Town: Nanaimo
Boat name: Fish
Make: Projet
Engine: Jet
Hey buddy! Still have a manual for the Zodiac Yamaha 650? Got one and don't know a thing about it!:-)
I'm Brian, in North Nanaimo.
bjbleakney@hotmail.com
778-386-0669
Fire me a text or call; you could send me an email too.
HELP!!?
thank you very much.