Old 25 November 2011, 18:41   #1

Town: Porthtowan
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: 30hp Outboard
Yamaha year code M?

Hi,

I was reading through thread on here a couple of days ago and a topic of Yamaha engine model codes came up. I found a Chart which shows what year the outboard was made by using the last letter in the model code here : How To: Outboard Engine Serial Number Year Match, iboats.com How To Library

But two of my outboards have an M codes 30dmo and 8cm which I can't see on the chart or am I reading the codes wrong? Or should I be using the d and c from the model numbers?

Any ideas?

cheers

Ross
Old 28 November 2011, 11:48   #2

All sorted. After much searching I found another list for per 1984 engines, bit surprised they were that old!
Old 28 November 2011, 12:17   #3

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishRoss
Hi,

I was reading through thread on here a couple of days ago and a topic of Yamaha engine model codes came up. I found a Chart which shows what year the outboard was made by using the last letter in the model code here : How To: Outboard Engine Serial Number Year Match, iboats.com How To Library

But two of my outboards have an M codes 30dmo and 8cm which I can't see on the chart or am I reading the codes wrong? Or should I be using the d and c from the model numbers?

Any ideas?

cheers

Ross
Neither

The letter that you use to identify the age is actually in the bottom corner of he serial plate, normally the right side and it's etched into it. It's not any of the model lets. M is not used in the age range. Here's a pic of the location of the letter you need o look for. Marked with a blue dot. in this case it's a S which puts it at 2001 (or if on he older design metal serial plate would be 1980)

The red circled letter is NOT to be confused with the age letter. That just denotes the shaft length!

Hope that helps

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Attached Images

Old 28 November 2011, 17:52   #4

Thanks for the explanation Peter I thought I was doing some thing wrong!