Old 21 June 2013, 19:32   #21

Town: Johannesburg
Boat name: Kij Kij
Make: Hysocat
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 85 x2
hi all, i have 2 85 yamaha's on my hysocat, the one motor tilted faster than the other whan i got the boat, i tilted both up for storage, now i wanna tilt it down, the one works perfect, the other one stays tilted up, i can hear the motor running of the hydrolic pump but it does not move, checked the fluid level, had to add 50ml, but stuck up, i can fell there is air in the system but can not get it to go down.

pls help, thanks
Old 21 June 2013, 20:33   #22

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
hi all, i have 2 85 yamaha's on my hysocat, the one motor tilted faster than the other whan i got the boat, i tilted both up for storage, now i wanna tilt it down, the one works perfect, the other one stays tilted up, i can hear the motor running of the hydrolic pump but it does not move, checked the fluid level, had to add 50ml, but stuck up, i can fell there is air in the system but can not get it to go down.

pls help, thanks
There should be a manual release valve/screw near the outboard saddle. Release this and it will lower. Looks like you'll need to strip out the motor for a closer look.
Old 21 June 2013, 22:08   #23

Town: West Midlands
Boat name: Freespirit
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
I too had the same problem with my tohatsu on my old boat, found water in it, stripped it, the dirty water had damaged the brushes, managed to get some brushes from a Morris minor dynamo and file them down.

Lasted about two years, I finally sourced a motor front the US and fixed for good, just make sure you change the seal as the folks say as the motor sits alot of the time under the water line. Best of luck