Old 19 January 2010, 12:48   #11
Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
How would you feel if the "expert" you paid to rig/fix your boat got all his info off a forum. If you read the other threads he started he didn't know where to start on rigging the RIB he was getting in.
Some aclarations, seems there's just only 1 1/2 pissed mates, being a local dealer my business is cenetered in Lima, Peru, well known mostly from my web page and emailing services and of course word of mouth and definitely when sibbing around local waters.

How can I be a supporter if apart from me, don't know any single local sibber/ribber that knows or heard about Ribnet, as I found it just by accident, So far have received very light limbo answers, that I know have not asked the pissed guys to send me a diagram, clear photos on how it's done or strict measurements, so what's the big piss for theory rather than effective to follow hand labor info. ? Besides no one is obliged to answer, this is a free forum where you learn and change tech informations about real boat world with others. If you don't want to share with others, don't share, but change your selfish attitude. If I wanted to keep for myself all the information I know, wouldn't shared a single post with sibbers in Ribnet.

Light reader Chewy, did explain about the 530 rib rigging, this rib is not a rocket going to Jupiter nor I'm a blind person, have still both arms & hands and a perfect working brain and TG very skillful in what I do, so let me tell you that the rib was finally rigged with owner's crew and me and for being the first time counting with unprecise info sent by ribbers, we've done a great job and the sib will cruise as expected, so don't get sarcastic with me posting malicious statements as having received precious theory info, when practic rigging data was needed, just to publicly ridicule me. Had to go to check others local ribs to see how they were rigged, so it's no Ribnet top secret information you are sharing with me. So don't claim on behalf of the owner who happens to be my cousin. Maybe my sib posts are useless to you being a "expert ribber" (touche), but other sibbers finds this information interesting and precisely written by the emails I receive by my personal email.

So to end this nonsense posts, let's be impartial, let John decide if I'm making a personal profit out of unprecise Ribnet information.

Bottomline: No matter who does the job, will have a labor cost, or do you work for free, in that case will send an air ticket to anybody to rig my future rib and have nice time sipping piscos sours while ribbing down here. Anyone...?

Happy Whatever

Locozodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 14:51   #12
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
I don't work for free, far from it. I also don't go to work and come home and post my problems on the internet for others to solve because I don't have a basic knowledge of my trade.

Which post did I say I was an "expert ribber"?

To be a RIBnet supporter you don't have to live near anyone who uses the sight. The idea behind it is if you receive some useful info then you could donate 20 to JK to show your appreciation, you can have an avatar then.

When myself and Ian don't like is you not supporting the forum and using the info given for personal profit. If you can find one other RIB dealer on here who does this can you point it out?

I'm glad you worked out for yourself that when you turn the wheel to port the boat should turn to port.

I seem to remember you having a sulk when trying to shift a load of gauges and I suggested you could just whack the tube to see if it was hard....

chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 16:36   #13
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
...1 1/2 pissed mates, .....have not asked the pissed guys ....what's the big piss.....nice time sipping piscos.....
Errrr, have you been on the piss, Loco?
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 16:54   #14
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Errrr, have you been on the piss, Loco?
Oi don't take the Piss

Chris Stevens