Went for the first run today.
There is no tachometer fitted, but my first impression is that the 15 pitch prop seems way too much. Not getting anywhere near the revs it needs and top speed only 22 knots.
When put the boat on the trailer I realised it had a lot of water in it. I did not have the plug that seals the under deck area in and the one way valve on the transom was acting more two way and letting water in.
The cavitation plate looks about an inch below the transom with the motor mounted on the second lowest setting. Needs to go up a hole, probably two, I think. It was so deep that underway we couldn't see the cav plate as it was so far under water. Having that much water in the boat and four passengers probably didn't help, neither would the fin mounted to the plate.