Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 December 2004, 17:18   #21
Member
 
Country: Norway
Town: Tofte
Make: Tornado 750
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250 Suzuki
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 164
Very impressive figures, compared to the Verado !!!!!!

Cant wait to see the first test with identical boats and E-tec/Verado that can confirm this. Also be very interesting to see if E-tec is more economic through the hole rpm. range.

Must decide what to order ,250 E-tec or 275 Verado. Sort of obligated to go for Verado, but E-tec grows on me every day.
__________________

__________________
RibRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 02:10   #22
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Make: Osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 HP E-Tec
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by D/B
HO 225 engine has a smaller gearbox with a lower water pickup, the engine
can run higher up the transom.
The computer also the engine to produce more power.
will give you 4 to 5 mph on boats with fast hulls 60/65+.

I ran the 250etec on the ballastic 7.8mt in spain last month gps 61mph
18 usa galls wot taken of their fuel flow gauge 6 people + 250 lts fuel.
On the rib I ordered there will be a hydraulic motor lift. Shall I get better performance with a 225 HO than the 250 etec? I heard that a HO engine is good on light boats but mine will be 1400kg (3000 lbs). Should I try to swap engine and go for a 225 HO?
__________________

__________________
Seaharrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 04:01   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bradford on Avon
Boat name: tbc
Make: Sunseeker (AshleyD)
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x coal burners
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 461
Here is a short clip of the 250 in action. This was before Ashleyd changed the prop, so you can hear it cavitate a bit. Sounds sweet I think.

http://www.neptune.com/users/manos/v...anos197003.wmv

Regards.

Ian.

PS thanks to Manos for hosting the clip on his site.
__________________
I miss the sound of an Etec in the morning
Brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 04:51   #24
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharrier
On the rib I ordered there will be a hydraulic motor lift. Shall I get better performance with a 225 HO than the 250 etec? I heard that a HO engine is good on light boats but mine will be 1400kg (3000 lbs). Should I try to swap engine and go for a 225 HO?
I don't know anything more than what has been written on here about Etecs, but if you're getting a hydraulic lifter (which one?) I would definitely get the HO as you can run it higher with the lower water pick up.

The danger with lifters is lifting the engine too high and starving the engine of water pressure and blowing it up - you must be on the ball the whole time, and a big water pressure guage is a must!

Obviously there is going to be 25 HP less and I don't know if the 225 is a smaller block or not which might give lower torque figures as well ...........

Should give you enough to think about!

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 06:01   #25
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Make: Osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 HP E-Tec
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
I don't know anything more than what has been written on here about Etecs, but if you're getting a hydraulic lifter (which one?) I would definitely get the HO as you can run it higher with the lower water pick up.

The danger with lifters is lifting the engine too high and starving the engine of water pressure and blowing it up - you must be on the ball the whole time, and a big water pressure guage is a must!

Obviously there is going to be 25 HP less and I don't know if the 225 is a smaller block or not which might give lower torque figures as well ...........

Should give you enough to think about!

Thanks.

This weekend I contacted my local dealer and he told me that the HO will be available from April 2005. If the engine is available before he will swap my 250 etec for the 225 HO.

He also told me that the 225 HO has as much horsepower as the 250. On the 225 HO there is a 10% deviation. This means it has 245 HP.
__________________
Seaharrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 06:11   #26
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharrier
Thanks.


He also told me that the 225 HO has as much horsepower as the 250. On the 225 HO there is a 10% deviation. This means it has 245 HP.
I would be very interested to know why a manufacturer would mark down the power of an engine - sounds a bit dumb to me?
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 07:46   #27
Member
 
Country: Denmark
Boat name: actionboat Diablo
Make: Ravenribs
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 x 350 SCI
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
I would be very interested to know why a manufacturer would mark down the power of an engine - sounds a bit dumb to me?
Nobudy says that it have to 225 hk it can have more. Yes the 225Etec HO have more power than 225hk It will come with a new gearbox aswell.
The 225 and 250 have the same blok

We will fitt 2 x 250Etec this weekend. I wil send you some data/pict. after Christmas.

Best regards Jan
__________________
Actionboat.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 07:53   #28
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionboat.dk
Nobudy says that it have to 225 hk it can have more. Yes the 225Etec HO have more power than 225hk It will come with a new gearbox aswell.
The 225 and 250 have the same blok

We will fitt 2 x 250Etec this weekend. I wil send you some data/pict. after Christmas.

Best regards Jan
Well in that case i think I need to object to a guy who is planning on racing a 200 HO next season in a 200hp class! - how much is that one going to be giving out and where can I get official confirmation of the data?
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 08:10   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
I would be very interested to know why a manufacturer would mark down the power of an engine - sounds a bit dumb to me?
Im sure i heard somewhere it all comes from American fishing contests, where there is a maximum HP, or HP per metre, and your engine has to be within 10% of the limit.

So they call it a 225, and in the contest it will be classed as a 225 but should give the maximum 10% more power that they can get away with.
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2004, 08:12   #30
Member
 
Country: Denmark
Boat name: actionboat Diablo
Make: Ravenribs
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 x 350 SCI
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Well in that case i think I need to object to a guy who is planning on racing a 200 HO next season in a 200hp class! - how much is that one going to be giving out and where can I get official confirmation of the data?
Have you look at Evinrude homepage http://www.evinrude.com/en/E-Tec/2005/V6/200.H.O/

Best Jan
__________________

__________________
Actionboat.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.