Old 05 October 2004, 11:06   #11
Town: I.O.W/Bristol
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 70hp Tohatsu

Thanks for the replies!

Robin, I'll check out those, thanks. 90hp would indeed make the flatacraft fly, but possibly subsurface!

Ollyit, I check boats and outboards and bembridge outboards regularly but no such luck at the moment. I don't really want to get an outboard off ebay, especially if it means I can't view it. Thanks for the help.

Andy, It was indeed me who phone you! I had no idea you were on this forum. I would appreciate the details of the motor. If you could PM that would be great.

Rogue Wave, thanks for the top tip

Ed (Ribraff), cheers for sorting that, I'll look forward to receiving it. I had seen that motor on ebay and it looks ok, but I think its an old motor made to look newer. A bit wary of ebay too.

Islander and George8910, I was going to go to BHG marine and I phoned there outboard place at bucklers hard but they didn't have anything in at the moment. To buy new I think is way out of my Student budget! Thanks for the tips though.

slimtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2004, 10:04   #12
Town: Warwick
Make: Avon - Searider
Engine: 75hp mariner
Good luck with your search! I did buy an old mariner 40 from Island Outboards in Yarmouth - really wished I hadn't... described as one mature owner from new died a death within a day - I don't know if this is representative though come to mention it they did 'service' an old seagull of my dads which subsequently left him drifting!

George8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2004, 10:33   #13
Make: Avon 5.4
Engine: Yamaha 60FE -

here's another, seem a little pricey - but worth a look all the same

ollyit is offline   Reply With Quote