See the white box with the ribcraft plate, the hydraulic cylinder hits that if you tilt it too far ........I found this out the hard way when the engine broke the box completely off the deck and transom while I was adjusting the Suzuki trim limiter......whoops. The engine doesn't tilt far enough to get it out the water the way it currently sits hence me going a bit far with it.
I havent had a chance to look if the cylinder can swivel up out the way a little to allow more tilt, I never bothered as I knew the outboard was going up a hole and thus removing the issue. Just another fiddly thing with the setup of the boat....I'm getting there though.
Anyways, maybe not a build fault if the cylinder can swivel, bit hasty there perhaps. Either a build fault or a setup one so we'll see.
I dont know what they put the box on with but it broke off cleanly. It was kind of in between silicon and crap glue, I'm sure it probably wasn't knowing RC but whatever it was came off easy thankfully. Whilst it was off, i noticed there was pretty big gaps in places, talking getting fingers in corners here. Anyways, some grinding for fit with good old sikaflex and it is pukka now.
Coincidentally, has anyone ever seen that box off? I may have pics of this, will check tomorrow. there is a huge metal brace from deck to transom.....NICE!!. On the flip side, there must have been quarter inch gap at the inside (jockey seat side) end on the deck being taken up by large washers as the angle it was made didn't suit the deck-transom angle. Perhaps they mass make these elsewhere and just shim them to suit whatever it is going on?. I figured they know what they are doing so I left well alone anyways
The last owner hardly used it and was drystacked from new so I assume he couldn't be bothered getting ribcraft to sort out the niggles...his loss is my gain though
Yam 8 aux, 27kg, ideal.
Suzuki nmea all working on both plotters. Just to tidy up the cables left. Bit of a FAFF and had to send bits back to Suzuki for updates but worth the effort. It now reads 0.4gph at idle instead of 16-21gph at idle.
Hydraulic steering sorted, hoooge amount of air in system, easy fix.
Throttle fixed thanks to maximum quick how to with sooz.
Keel guard is waiting for warm weather to be fitted, 160 quid for 12ft from USA, bargain!
Currently making docking poles again, great for some launch sites round these parts. Not really requirement but handy for self recovery in some places round here.