Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
If I click on the link I get this:-
"Pikey Dave, you are currently unable to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your account may be awaiting activation if you are a new user, or have changed your email address. Check your email for details, especially any spam folders.
  2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
  3. Your posting rights may have been suspended.
Please note that you can't post replies to RIB for sale adverts - send an email or Private Message instead.
If none of these apply, or you are unable to resolve the problem, please let us know
Log Out Home "

Is it just me? or is it a dodgy link?
Awe,, don't worry PD yer whinging Yorkie muncher! yer not on yer lonesome, it does it to me as well.
Old 27 November 2011, 10:25   #22
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Is it just me? or is it a dodgy link?
Yis can all relax. By the powers invested in me by someone who wasn't looking the right direction, I can confirm that poor Smiffy was just trying to edit his previous post....
Old 27 November 2011, 21:08   #23

Town: South Yorkshire
Boat name: Sold it !
Length: 3m +
Engine: Totallyhotsue 9.8 2S
I had this on my watch-list out of curiosity and it sold.
A day later it is back on sale
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Very interesting feedback from 2 previous outboard "sales"
Old 30 November 2011, 23:55   #24

Make: Tornado
Engine: Twin 50 Mariners
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Yis can all relax. By the powers invested in me by someone who wasn't looking the right direction, I can confirm that poor Smiffy was just trying to edit his previous post....
Thanks willk, you're dead right! I ended up with a duplicate post as the internet connection had a hissy fit at the key moment - went back to try to delete one of them but although I could remove the text, couldn't find out how to delete the entire post itself - and then that wierd link appeared. So sorry if I've had anyone thinking they'd clicked on something dodgy, no need to worry!

So how DO you delete an entire post please? (yes I have tried the help sections, but haven't found the answer.....)

Cheers
Old 01 December 2011, 06:31   #25

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithyyy View Post
Thanks willk, you're dead right! I ended up with a duplicate post as the internet connection had a hissy fit at the key moment - went back to try to delete one of them but although I could remove the text, couldn't find out how to delete the entire post itself - and then that wierd link appeared. So sorry if I've had anyone thinking they'd clicked on something dodgy, no need to worry!

So how DO you delete an entire post please? (yes I have tried the help sections, but haven't found the answer.....)

Cheers
After about half an hour your post is locked, you can't edit it or delete it. It's there for ever....and ever...............and ever...........................................and eve............................................... ........and.................................... staring, mocking & haunting. Which is why I have the golden rule of never posting when pi55ed.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 December 2011, 06:49   #26

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
After about half an hour your post is locked, you can't edit it or delete it. It's there for ever....and ever...............and ever...........................................and ever.............................................. .........and.................................... staring, mocking & haunting.
God ...... I thought Demis Roussos was back
Old 01 December 2011, 07:27   #27

Engine: Twin 50 Mariners
Quote:
Which is why I have the golden rule of never posting when pi55ed.
Ah, sage advice oh wise one....
Old 01 December 2011, 08:44   #28
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithyyy View Post
There is a time limit after which you cannot edit a post at all. However since you managed to edit it and leave the "link" that hadn't passed. However there is also a rule that you can't completely delete a post either. You can edit it, but not remove it, and you can't post a blank message. The easiest thing is simple to edit it to say something like "oops - double post!" and then when the Admin team stumble upon it it will get cleaned away.

If the time limit has passed and you need to change or remove it then click the little red triangle with the (!) in it and explain what/why and the Admin team will deal with it for you. if its just a double post and locked you probably don't need to worry as we will get to it at some point or the thread will drop into oblivion and nobody will care.