Got the new blingery today. ("Back order" from Suzuki spares depot. Fer cryin' out loud, Suzuki GB - whole species have evolved and become extinct in less time.
Very shiny, so decided it needed a dunk in the oggin.
Whipped off old dinged alu, put on shiny new steel.
Why do the splines stick out so far now?
Prise final spacer off old prop, put back on drive shaft, torque down, put pin in; lift boat off sand, reverse out into Lamlash Bay.
Trundle through moorings - at 1000rpm we seem to be up from 3.5kts to 4kts. OK so far.
Outside moorings - 2000rpm, 3000rpm up we go; a lot smoother with the new prop. Keep on accelerating - now at 4500-4600rpm we're doing about 25kts almost fully trimmed out. This is better; before we'd be at ~5k. Looking good for the fuel bill.
...the engine still tops out at an indicated 6200rpm (just over the normal range), and whereas on Sunday I managed 33kts solo with full tanks, tonight we got a heady 33.4kts.
OK, Mrs. G. was gracing the Nav. seat, but she's not exactly what you might call hefty.
Perhaps I should've gone for a 22" pitch rather than a 20". Oh well, it'll have to wait for another day...