Old 28 October 2011, 18:22   #1

Town: Bangor
Boat name: Lencraft 4.8m
Make: Lencraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: DT55HP Suzuki
Suzuki DT55 Queries!

Just got my new to me DT55 out on the water, after a dismal start where it did not seem to run well, perhaps in limp home mode? Did not rev out and moved the boat (4.8m Lencraft) at say 1 or 2 knots.

Reved out OK manually with gear linkage disconnected. Was about to give up when I took it out for one last time and when messing about with the trim it started to work OK!

If anyone knows their way around it, what are the wires from what looks like the oil pump (just under the oil tank)? Mine are not connected to anything... The tank level sensor seems OK, withdrew it from the tank and the buzzer started buzzing.

I believe there is a water flow sensor too but I have not investigated it.

Also not the fastest, maybe 25 knots? What kind of prop should I be looking at, it is currently a white alu 3 blade one asides from that I dont know what it is!

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
Old 28 October 2011, 18:48   #2

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Sounds like the wires are for the oil flow sensor. This is a notoriously problematic little thing, but easily sorted by dismantling, cleaning & reassembling. There's a little rubber diaphragm in there which senses when there's no oil, or the oil flow is slow, normally due to the filter gauze being blocked. It should light up the 'oil' warning light in the monitor gauge if it's disconnected or indicating low oil flow or no oil. This will put the engine into guardian mode.

There's a water level sensor in the cylinder head - some of these had water temperature (overheat) sensors built in and others had them separate. They can also be problematic, but easily changed - held in with 2 screws.

I'd say you need a 15" pitch prop on a 4.8m RIB, provided you're not running it heavily loaded. If you find you need a 16" pitch, I have one here in very good condition which you can have for £40.
Old 28 October 2011, 20:36   #3

Aye it does look like a flow sensor, the strange thing is there are no obvious place to plug the wires into it!

Will take a few pics in the monring and stick them up.

Prop wise I got a couple with it so will check over them, presumably there is normally something stamped on them?
Old 29 October 2011, 08:36   #4

pic of the oil flow sensor

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=944af...4&sc=documents

pic of wires from oil level sensor

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=944af...3&sc=documents

i dont see any matching coloured wires to plug the oil flow sensor into, the wires on the level sensor look long enough and I supoose the black to black and the blue to the oil flow pink/blue might almost make sense? nut i have no idea what the orange is for! A wiring diagram would be most illuminating!

current prop pic

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=944af...6&sc=documents

no idea of the pitch and cant see any markings, does it look anything like right?