Old 10 July 2008, 17:46   #1

Town: CORNWALL
Length: no boat
Suzuki df 60 (2004)

Does anyone know if and where you can buy the software and equipment for a laptop to carryout diagnostic checks on the above engine ?

Appreciate any info or links
Old 10 July 2008, 18:39   #2

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
same as the 70 i had ,doesn't the manual tell you how it gives fault codes via the rev counter or warning lights somehow ? in the same way jap bikes do
Whats up with it
Old 10 July 2008, 19:15   #3

Town: CORNWALL
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
same as the 70 i had ,doesn't the manual tell you how it gives fault codes via the rev counter or warning lights somehow ? in the same way jap bikes do
Whats up with it
1. Idle speed seems too slow, engine dies at idle. Someone else says this cannot be set without a computer?????

2. It is hunting at high revs.

Generally runs Ok but sometimes will not idle and sometimes when you go to start it it is like the battery is flat and it struggles to turn then it goes fine.
Runs fine high revs but stalls at the bottom end. Sometimes it will tick away nicely others it just conks. Idle adjustment could help if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do it
Fuel injected. As a separate point occasionaly when I go to start it it chugs, sort of half a turn, maybe twice but always starts. It is not a problem but a mile offshore it can be a bit disconcerting?????
Old 10 July 2008, 19:40   #4

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
On the back of the inlet manifold ( nearest the transom ) there is a.little brass air inlet that should be sucking air . it looks like it should have a pipe conected to it but doesn't if its blocked it won't tickover .

I found this one day while flushing the motor , i thought it strange that i could hear air sucking in so stuck my finger over it and it ran badly and stalled . i then checked it out and it was correct . i think its a valve so just check that first incase its siezed or something.

I think randski had a link to suzuki parts maunual and help
Old 10 July 2008, 21:11   #5

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Get yourself the proper suzuki workshop manual from brownspoint marine. You can do all the main checks on the engine without the laptop. All you need is a decent mulitmeter and a set of spanners. There is an Idle Air Control valve which sounds like it might need adjusting.