Been there, done that as they say.
Several years ago i had an old (1970's) Mercury Blue-Band 65hp which was a real pig to start at the best of times.
Having turned it over and over and over i was investigating the fuel line when the main battery cable burst into flames (had overheated due to being in constant use for 10 minutes) ARGH - jumped overboard very quickly! The boat survived and, with a newer Yamaha engine lasted several more years.
Still, we learn from things such as this - what have i learnt? Own a newer engine that'll start easier