My winter project is to fit a second Honda 50hp to my 5.5m RIB (just had new tubes).
I have searched for hints and tips but drawn a blank.
Can anyone offer and advice
or point me to a useful thread.
I have done this before many years ago and think that things have perhaps moved on a bit.
Questions that spring to mind...
- How far apart should the engines be?
- At this power I assume they do not need to be counter rotating?
- Do I really have to pay upwards of £250 for a tie bar?? (FleaBay)
- Will bolting the controls together be straightforward ?(having looked - it looks easy)!
- Would you feed engines from separate tanks? This seems sensible to me because I want to maintain a safety margin by having two independant power trains.
Does anyone know if Honda publish any guide? (can't find one ).
And, just for fun. She currently does 26 knots two up. Any suggestions how fast she'll go when the second 50 is added? (all other things being equal).
I should add at this point that my motivation isn't (just) speed. I want the engines to work a little less hard and really like the safety margin afforded by two engines. Oh - and it will look good!
(I know, I know)
Thanks in anticipation