Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 31 March 2009, 21:12   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Serious bargain Verado

Brand new 275hp mercury VERADO 9,999 + VAT

Bill Higham marine - cancelled order!!!

If it was a 350 I would snatch his hand off on that one.

has to be a great bargain for someone.
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 01:14   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: True Blue
Make: Humber ocean pro 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 150 opti
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 456
With Mercury/Mariner engines going up again later this month by 10 to 15% on some models, it might be a bigger bargin than you think
__________________

__________________
Ian Sharlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 01:47   #3
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
I just got that email and thought that can't be right!
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 02:10   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: True Blue
Make: Humber ocean pro 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 150 opti
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I just got that email and thought that can't be right!
I haven't seen the new prices yet but was told to brace myself for a big one
__________________
Ian Sharlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 02:45   #5
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Brand new 275hp mercury VERADO 9,999 + VAT

Bill Higham marine - cancelled order!!!

If it was a 350 I would snatch his hand off on that one.

has to be a great bargain for someone.
A few months back all you wanted was a 300 , now its a 350 ... If its genuine I'd have a go .. bargains like that dont come along every day of the week .. bet its gone by now
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 02:55   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Codders, a little bird tells me that your boat is looking a little neglcted in a 10 bob marina. With a deal this good, would it not be good to get the engine bought, sort the boat and either get some good use out of it or flog it? Could a 350 be a pipe dream? Only my opinion.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 03:15   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Codders, a little bird tells me that your boat is looking a little neglcted in a 10 bob marina. With a deal this good, would it not be good to get the engine bought, sort the boat and either get some good use out of it or flog it? Could a 350 be a pipe dream? Only my opinion.
He's still filling the piggy bank for a second trailer, so a little bird told me

Edit, hope we're not seeing the same bird
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 09:48   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Codders, a little bird tells me that your boat is looking a little neglcted in a 10 bob marina. With a deal this good, would it not be good to get the engine bought, sort the boat and either get some good use out of it or flog it? Could a 350 be a pipe dream? Only my opinion.
It may be a 10bob marina but it is in one of the most stunning locations you can find.

It's only looking neglected because I don't want to clean the tubes until she is out of the water and I can apply some floor sealant - no point in rubbing it all off for it to oxidize again.

You are right about the trailer - that robbing git from Guernsey has made my life a misery - it's not nice having paid for a trailer to be told - ahh but we didn't say what trailer - I will give you any old trailer...............

I am spending every penny I have on launching my new business at the moment but the rewards should be pretty high.

And anyway what business is it of yours???

I guarantee if I found a brand new Verado 350 for that price I would find the money!!!

No point in buying the 275 - not enough gain over my lovely 2 stroke 225!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 09:55   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
It may be a 10bob marina but it is in one of the most stunning locations you can find.

It's only looking neglected because I don't want to clean the tubes until she is out of the water and I can apply some floor sealant - no point in rubbing it all off for it to oxidize again.

You are right about the trailer - that robbing git from Guernsey has made my life a misery - it's not nice having paid for a trailer to be told - ahh but we didn't say what trailer - I will give you any old trailer...............

I am spending every penny I have on launching my new business at the moment but the rewards should be pretty high.

And anyway what business is it of yours???





I guarantee if I found a brand new Verado 350 for that price I would find the money!!!

No point in buying the 275 - not enough gain over my lovely hardly used as new 2 stroke 225!!!
and the Cod are biting today
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 12:30   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
............And anyway what business is it of yours???
Easy Tiger!
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.