Old 12 February 2004, 15:19   #31

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2004, 15:30   #32

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Sonam I've look at it again and actually says that from a 2.6 ltr supercharged engine you get 200-275 bhp. Ok forget all that about noise, pollution, reductiuon, torque power etc etc
The bottom line is that you get 200-275 bhp from a 2.6 ltr engine.
Unless ofcourse you know any different

Old 12 February 2004, 15:45   #33

Hooray, you answered your own question.
Old 12 February 2004, 15:46   #34

Old 12 February 2004, 23:30   #35

u want power look at bike engines

hello people,u dont need a supercharged polo g40 engine, ford fiesta 1300cc = 60bhp ish
bikes:
suzuki hayabusa 1300cc= 164 bhp
or better still the new yamaha R1 has 178bhp and weighs 177kg which basically reaches the holy grail of bike tuning. A 1BHPper kg an thats for the whole bike. god knows what the engine alone weighs 50-85kgs i reckon, and they are very compact as well.
there are no superchargers or turbos to force more air in, they are just simple four strokes. remember when a supercharger needs rebuilding or worse replacing u need to remortgage ur house.

AND a honda 90hp four stroke is a civc engine on its side an modified to run salt water thru it.
WHy waste money devolping an engine, when all the bike manufacturers have been doing it for years with a lot of money as well.
also a yamaha r1 costs 7500 ish new. isnt that a bit cheaper than boat engines for similar power?
Old 12 February 2004, 23:40   #36

btttt

do these new engines have ceramic liners, i bet they r either a few yrs behind bikes or they are sharing devolpment with bike manufacturers as they are far more ahead than car companies in terms of mass production of exotic materials an machining processes cheaply like ceramic liners an using expensive metals to save weight, as some seadoos do, like the kawaski 1300 are bike engines.
Also 2.6 litre producing 275 bhp is a bit POOR.
I own a nissan pulsar gtir 2.0 16valve turbo producing 300bhp an i can open the bleed valve up an get more power at the expense of a) fuel b) engine life.

but at 300bhp its quick an reliable.

has anyone tried to put a car engine in a rib??
i dont think it would be hard because all the work of ecu, mapping timing ignition maps has all been done for u. all u have to do is work out gearing an final drive system.
Old 13 February 2004, 02:38   #37

Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Bike engines don't have enough torque or long enough lifespan. Don't forget a lot of outboards run pretty much flat out all day long and you still expect them to have a reasonable life.
Old 13 February 2004, 04:03   #38
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Meet the Verado family

So the truth is out. The new range of Mercury 4 stroke engines can be seen on www.mercurymarine.com

A very interesting site with a very good presentation

I wonder if any ribs will have any of these BIG "babies" at RIBEX2004

Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2004, 09:35   #39

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Test drive experiences

A friend of mine is now in Miami and tested new engines yesterday. I called him early this morning to hear his experiences. He's a journalist and driven all possible OBs available and says, that this new Verado is something never seen before. Acceleration is unbelievable and sound a real whisper. There's nothing that comes even close to Verado at the market, he says. And he has seen all engines available today.

Verado is really bad news for Suzuki and perhaps also to Yamaha. There are estimations that Mercury will bring new Verados up to 350 hp power class in near future, so 275 hp is just the beginning. And four cylinder models are already coming to model year 2005, so the line is expanding to smaller units also.

Once I saw specs of the engine and hear hands-on experiences, I am pretty convinced that Mercury has now done something completely new. Verado is maybe the largest leap in modern ourboard history, if there won't come any technical difficulties in a long run.
Old 13 February 2004, 09:40   #40

If from 2.6ltr engine produce 300+bhp it will be something. Keep weight down and have the power. Lets see how this engine will perform in the long run in the salt environment and not in fresh water lakes.