Old 19 May 2009, 08:01   #11
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I understand that but at the moment its too easy to take. That and my insurance requires an outboard lock to be fitted, although if it does get nicked how you prove one was fitted is beyond me.
Just fitting locks to mine now . Best suggestion I have is take some pics of the the lock in place on the boat & send it to insurers - that way they already have the proof if the worst happens . I do this with all of this stuff & keep a copy with the insurance docs at home as well.

I dont want to get into taking the bolts out of the transom ( after 4 years of being in there) so ordered 2 of the type Nos recommended ( thanks for the link ) then realised they may not fit the bolts on the big Opti ! If they get here & dont fit watch out for them at a knock down price on here .

PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote