Old 13 April 2011, 10:12   #1

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger 2
Make: Delta / Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: Various
MMSI: -
Outboard Engine Mount Bushes

I am needing the upper and lower mounting bushes on 2 mariner 40HP engines.

These are basic metal slevees with a central rubber bush moulded onto a second rubber sleeve, not sure how to upload pics on here. The central steel sleeve has debonded from the rubber bush and hence the mounts have failed.

Mariner genuine parts are £65 x 8 bushes = £520 so not a feasible option for 1989 engines.

These are a fairly standard bush and I have emailled dimensions and pictures to many suppliers of Metalasik and similar bushes, but with no sucess. From boats.net in America I can get the bushes for ~£35 each so cheaper, but if I could get a proprietary metalastik bush, the correct size, they would be ~£5 each so much much cheaper and easier.

Surely someone here has done this before, so what am I doing wrong? I must be using the wrong terminology in my search...?
Old 13 April 2011, 13:32   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I know exactly the things, as I changed mine along with the rebuild for exactly the same reason! Try "Anti vibration Mounts" when searching.

If the top ones are shot, chances are you'll need to replace the seals where the bolts exit the leg too.

Your cheapest bet is to find a gubbed engine, & strip them from there. (but buy new seals) Might also be worth having a trawl through the microfiches, as you will likely find that a component like that is shared across many variants & HPs, so making it easier to find something suitable.

Just be aware that you will likely have to remove the powerhead to get at the top ones.