Old 17 August 2006, 08:15   #21
pop

Town: Paihia
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: indoard yam 420 sti
thanks peeps

the Mercruiser is not for me unfortunatly the sterndrives are terrible and i just cant take the risk of the engine or leg going wrong, the yanmar's that i have looked at always seem to corrode a lot, have you noticed this? and ofcourse they have the same sterndrives as the Mercruiser.

what price did you get on your yamaha?
how long did it take to arrive?

yanmar are a joke, what has the person done? i hope he gets new engines. i have never seen them corrode like that, they all seem to disintergrate if they are over the age of 5 years or 3,500hrs.

thanks again for your help
Old 11 September 2006, 09:13   #22

Town: athens
Boat name: pytheasII
Make: scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard, diesel 315
Hi all,
I thought I'll bring this thread back to life,for my concerns are quite similar..
My Bravo3 leg only lasted for a little more than 350 hrs, and having being lucky enough when it happened offshore... I went on and bought a new one.(!)
I would propably have prefered to ALSO replace my 315 Yanmar with it but cant really afford that for the moment...

I opted for a new Bravo3, after a lot of thought and research on the possibility of installing a surface drive,or even a bravo1 but got a lot of negative responses from everyone, so I rushed my choice to catch the season.

It also looks like the new B3 has got improvements like a gear showerhead or smthing ,that did not exist on the previous version,(but i cant find more info on this ,even at mercruisers website) -but that, plus the fact that its being long since I last heard or read further complains about the well known unreliability and failures of the Yanmar-B3 combo, allows me some kind of hope that this will not happen again at least not in the near future!

Anybody knows of failures with the improved Bravo3???
Old 14 October 2006, 23:18   #23

Town: Barry
Boat name: Spirit of Cardiff
Make: Delta
Length: 10m +
Engine: Inboard Yamaha Diese
Yamaha Diesels

Hi, May I ask you about the warrantee/guarantee on your new Yamaha engines. What exactly do you get in terms of hours and time, meaning one year etc,etc. I am considering various diesels and would be extremely interested in your reply. What BHP do you get with the models you have fitted and any other useful info.
Thanks.