Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 December 2012, 17:05   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Rapid
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Mariner FS
MMSI: 235072903
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby8306 View Post
Hi Mick,

I will do and I will keep you posted on the outcome.


Defo worth checking serial numbers ok I will check it out

Cheers
I've seen the engine you are looking at advertised on B&O, the number advertised never answers. There are similar adverts for cheapish large engines, I'm sure the boys in blue wont be shy in contacting these people (if they actually exsist) as potential buyers.

Cheers
__________________

__________________
Mick Balch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2012, 17:15   #12
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Balch View Post
I've seen the engine you are looking at advertised on B&O, the number advertised never answers. There are similar adverts for cheapish large engines, I'm sure the boys in blue wont be shy in contacting these people (if they actually exsist) as potential buyers.

Cheers
It's a scam then...
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2012, 17:17   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: western isles
Boat name: blue pig
Make: osprey viper
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 175
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20
Yes I tried phoning it but no answer ! I got an email back quick enough but no joy on phone ! I think this one needs left well alone !!!the search goes on for an engine :-)
Cheers
__________________
tubby8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2012, 17:17   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby8306
Yes I tried phoning it but no answer ! I got an email back quick enough but no joy on phone ! I think this one needs left well alone !!!the search goes on for an engine :-)
Cheers
I tried to purchase the same engine, had a mail back saying they lived in Orkney and I could view if I wanted. I asked for serial no's and the name of a carrier who could pick it up. Never replied definite scam.
__________________
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2012, 17:21   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Yep, it has to be
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2013, 13:04   #16
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
Hi Jim

Lots of dodgy stuff being advertised as from "Orkney" and Shetland these days... lawn mowers, puppies and boat stuff etc

If you or anyone else wants a local Orkney sale confirming, feel free to ask - 07973 721685, or say you know me in Deerness (Orkney Mainland) and is it OK for me to pop round to look at the item?

Cheers

Steve
__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2013, 13:05   #17
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
Also happy to advise on local couriers if it is genuine. Steve
__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2013, 14:32   #18
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copinsay View Post
Also happy to advise on local couriers if it is genuine. Steve
Good man, nice offer
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2013, 14:46   #19
Member
 
mister p's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: LONDON
Make: SR4/ZODIAC/3D
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30T/40T
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copinsay View Post
Hi Jim

Lots of dodgy stuff being advertised as from "Orkney" and Shetland these days... lawn mowers, puppies and boat stuff etc

If you or anyone else wants a local Orkney sale confirming, feel free to ask - 07973 721685, or say you know me in Deerness (Orkney Mainland) and is it OK for me to pop round to look at the item?

Cheers

Steve
How very cool if you, unless..........unless.........ah, you know what.
__________________
mister p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2013, 14:50   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
If you're after a V6 Merc, then boatsandoutboards (Peter) on here has a nice looking Opti 135 listed in the For Sale section.
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.