Mercruiser 6.2 engine fail (again!!)
Not rib related but I'm after some advice and thought somebody on here may be able to help. I have a maxum 2700scr, I had a brand new engine, bravo III leg and props fitted by abc marine in 2007. I have had it serviced by them every year since then as well. A couple of weeks ago I went to take it for a run, (it is moored in Victoria dock Caernarfon) started up ok as normal, I left engine running as I removed ropes and fenders. Got back on boat ready to go and the engine cut out. Tried to start it and it wouldn't have it. Tied it all back up and left batteries in charge overnight, came back next day and tried to start it again. Still wouldn't have it, anyway after abc coming out I towed it to their yard in Beaumaris, they have since removed the engine and have said that it is frost damage. I find this hard to believe because I have used the boat quite a lot over the summer approximately 50 hours and it has been fine. Abc rebuilt the engine in 2013 because they said it was water damage caused by washing the decks and it going on to engine and it not drying out properly. I feel as though abc are having me over a barrel here and want advice on what I should do next. They are advising me that it now needs a new engine. This engine has done 268 hours from new and that includes being rebuilt once!!
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon