Click Here to Login

Old 30 August 2016, 13:46   #1

Town: Bristol
Boat name: N/A
Make: HONWAVE
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mariner 10hp
Mechanical Assistance Required; Bristol, South West & M4 Corridor

Having spent a fair amount of time on my new to me 10HP Mariner OB, I’m coming to the realisation that it needs a little input from someone who has the knowhow and experience in dealing with fine tuning these motors…I thought I had created a fine running machine, however its maiden voyage on Sunday wasn’t as smooth as I hoped.

From everything I’ve read, I think it just needs a little finessing specifically concerning the carb set up, choke and idle; hopefully nothing major, however I need some human interaction in diagnosing its faults!

I thought I’d test the waters here first for an ‘enthusiastic’ member locally who might be willing to help, failing that perhaps professional recommendations that won’t break the bank. Of course the alternative is to throw in eBay and pick up something with a more reliable and consistent history. I live in Bristol, but travel around a bit with family all over the place and work keeping me busy, let me know if you think you might be able to help.

Thanks for all your comments previously,

Richard
Old 08 September 2016, 22:36   #2

Town: London
Make: Aerotec 3.8
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury T/S 15hp
Did you get anywhere with this? Been in a few situations like this myself over the years, be good if you got that helping hand - the advice here as ever had been great. Great monkey bike btw