Old 22 December 2009, 03:28   #11
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I hate my firewall.....just wrote a suggested diagnositic & it dropped the connection along with my essay, so, a summary version:

In answer to your trim / tilt switch, I guess if you are asking that, you don't have power trim? - it's the switch you might have on the side of the end of your remote throttle / gear lever. Some engines have a "local switch on the side of the cowl as well. If you don't have PT, you wonlt have either......

If you taking the fuse out, and it;s intermittent, poking wires will be a long tedious process & preobably never find it. So, suggestion - wire a bulb on the engine side of the fuse. this will stay lit whenever the fuse is not blown. Go for a burn, you wil lthen see when it;s blowing. IF it's the regulator, it'll probably go above a certian RPM or after a few mins at WOT. Most engines (apart form a few new suprr high tec ones) only really need the battery to turn the starter, so the fuse could blow seconds after it fires, and unless you have a something telling you the voltage you'll not know until you next try to start the engine.

Fuses only go when there's too much current. A visual check would be fto scour all wiring, &look for chaffed or bare wires - that should eliminate a short.

9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2009, 15:53   #12
Town: Tauranga
Boat name: Extra Pleasure
Make: Atomix
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard 60HP 2Strke
Tried and tried to blow a fuse yesteday, did it happen...

Just found a dodgy connection in my console between battery and gps receiver unit... resulting in gps receiver not responding on the odd occasion... which now works again

completely unrelated to engine expect for it's all on the same main battery....

Wonder if that could cause fuse pop...

rjbathgate is offline   Reply With Quote