Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 May 2012, 05:19   #51
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Not for a 6.5m heavy RIB though.

Resistance to what? Not with you there.
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 14:20   #52
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Not for a 6.5m heavy RIB though.
Why, it went well enough... a 175 would of course been better, but I got 43-44 knots at WOT whatever the load was and 1 litre per NM at 30 knots.

Now a 200HO that would have been nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Resistance to what? Not with you there.
Resistance is futile you will be joined into the hive mind of the collective...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	borg.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	67782  
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 17:10   #53
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
175 opti on 6.3 deep v goes well. I like it and it sounds grrrrrrrreat!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 17:31   #54
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Resistance is futile you will be joined into the hive mind of the collective...
Good job I checked those weights out last week then, or I may have been 'one of the clan' by now

Bet you never expected an e-tec to be heaviest motor in its class........
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 17:36   #55
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Now a 200HO that would have been nice..
No, it wouldn't

A 200 is the same weight as your 150 and is the optimum 6.5 combo according to Roy, and also (on paper) by me! Although a 200HO has 20 more BHP, handling will just be a little bit more sweet with a 200, plus speed increase will be negligible. Based on our own experiences and those of Mollers, I think that "HO" versions of the etec are completely pointless on any type of deep-v hull. Less so the newer models, but still don't justify the increased outlay.
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 17:46   #56
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
No, it wouldn't

A 200 is the same weight as your 150 and is the optimum 6.5 combo according to Roy, and also (on paper) by me! Although a 200HO has 20 more BHP, handling will just be a little bit more sweet with a 200, plus speed increase will be negligible. Based on our own experiences and those of Mollers, I think that "HO" versions of the etec are completely pointless on any type of deep-v hull. Less so the newer models, but still don't justify the increased outlay.
I had the same info from Roy however I still think an HO would have been fun and the tabs would have sorted out the extra weight !
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2012, 18:16   #57
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I had the same info from Roy however I still think an HO would have been fun and the tabs would have sorted out the extra weight !
An MY11 one onwards maybe but pre that no. I do not feel that the L2 is suited to these sorts of boats whatsoever.
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.