Old 05 April 2018, 19:18   #1

Town: Portsmouth
Length: 6m +
Help

Hi all After a bit of advice just had water pump done now noticed water coming from all over did not notice it before is it right ? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1522955867.924361.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	124127
Old 05 April 2018, 20:40   #2

Town: Cullompton Devon
Boat name: SeaKnight
Make: bayliner Capri 20'
Engine: Yam V4 130hp
i can only guess it hasn't been put back together right. i don't have a lot to go on, but could be the pipe connection, theres normally a rubber bung type thing and it needs to go into this. or water would go everwhere
Old 05 April 2018, 21:20   #3

Town: Cullompton Devon
Boat name: SeaKnight
Make: bayliner Capri 20'
Engine: Yam V4 130hp
when you say pump, do you mean impeller ? if so the housing that goes over the impeller should be completely flush i think there maybe a gasket, not sure now. anyway theres a spout on the top of the housing that fits into a rubber/plastic piece, then theres i pipe that goes into it above which takes the water to powerhead, if this isn't connected right water would escape and your be pumping water internally. im only going from passed experience ive had to take the gearbox off again to sort it out
Old 05 April 2018, 21:24   #4

Town: Portsmouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkamelis View Post
when you say pump, do you mean impeller ? if so the housing that goes over the impeller should be completely flush i think there maybe a gasket, not sure now. anyway theres a spout on the top of the housing that fits into a rubber/plastic piece, then theres i pipe that goes into it above which takes the water to powerhead, if this isn't connected right water would escape and your be pumping water internally. im only going from passed experience ive had to take the gearbox off again to sort it out

Thanks it looks like I’m going to have to take it off and see [emoji853] it does pump water good out of Tell tell