Old 04 December 2012, 07:43   #11
Originally Posted by Clamchowder View Post
Bit of a change of tack but re registering it on Lomond: what do you think the likelyhood of them letting me off with 'volutary' 30quid bit since it runs from Feb to Feb and I'm unlikely to be up again before then. If I came up again after Feb I'd happily pay it.

Are they generally decent at Balloch slip?
You don't have to pay this fee ! Also you won't be looked down on if you don't as its a short time left in the season

kasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2012, 15:25   #12
RIBnet supporter
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Took her out on Lomond on the 24th. Weather was bloody grim so we only went out for a couple of hours but it was nice to get out. The rangers were very friendly once they got over the fact I wanted a new register number on a cold wet day in Dec!

Engine seemed to be 'missing' a bit at 3000rpm and below (the speed limited bits) but seemed sweet between 4000 and 5500. The was still some throttle left at about 5800 but I figured why stress and old engine needlessly. The current prop is 13.5 x 15 so I guess I need to move up to a 17 pitch? (haven't seen 16 anywhere online but I'm not really looking that hard yet).

Will deffo head up again in the spring. Maybe for the Easter Hols?
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2012, 20:27   #13
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I use the place about once maybe twice a year. Nobody given me a guilt trip yet.

Worst case the Clyde isn't that far....

Edit: weird phone stuff & warping of the space time continuum. You already know wot i typed...

9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote