Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Tim View Post
I'd like to echo Pete7 there - Bill Higham charge extortionate rates for everything! When I was buying a new engine and having it rigged, he wanted about £400 more than other people.

It seems they have the monopoly . 2 grand for a 2 year old engine that I could have bought a month ago at about £2250 is pretty extortionate . I guess these motors are in big demand , although I really can't see why unless like the only reason for wanting one is low wieght and simplicity , Its only owners or zap cats and the odd big sib will want one , a new 4 stroke would pay for itself in fuel saving alone in about 2-3 years and hold its value better .

oh no hope this doesn't start another 2stroke vs 4 stroke debate , because we are talking old tech carbed oilers here . so etek etc is included when I say 4 stroke .
Old 30 March 2008, 23:57   #22

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
just remember that these engines have at times been run to there limit, the ones from the atlantic class are run up on the launching carrige whilst the boat is going down the beach cooling water supplied from a tank, the d class will be started and run at near full throttle from cold to clear the beach and dumping surf, one station that i know of used to bend props on a near weekly basis, dont want to put you off but its a thought.heard that one reason they take the immersion kit off is that without proper maintainence it might not work.