I have been looking for a new engine so I visited four dealers last weekend and one allowed me to test two ribs (slightly different length); one with Evinrude E-TEC 60, and the other with Suzuki DF60.
1. AMAZING throttle response, I quite like a fast response especially when I am docking, or trying to put the boat on the trailer. It helped me compared to my existing 4 stroke Yamaha.
2. a bit Noisy in my opinion, still 2 stroke!
3. Handling was better compared to Suzuki, despite the rib being even smaller.
1. Could not believe it is running, SO QUIET!
2. Fuelwise, the dealer said it is better
3. S**t throttle response, almost half a second delay
THEREFORE, I am going for a Mariner now!!!
mainly because I have seen more mariner/mercury dealers in the area where I live than Evinrude E-Tec. This is one thing you MUST pay attention as if you use your rib locally, you don't want to travel 150miles everytime you need a part of have to rectify a problem. Again, if that dealer is not a decent dealer (or you don't get on well with him) you may even have to travel far more!