Old 30 September 2004, 16:27   #1
Seb

Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 50
Engine Mounts

Well, the Pacific 22's seem to be dominating the forums at the moment, much of which is due to my questions which seem to be never ending so aplogoes to everyone out there thats plain bored of them!

But here we go again..........

Have any of you owners out there had any experience with the Mermaid engine mounts?

If so, any chance you could outline their design in brief? Basically, the mounts from my boat are missing (as is the engine) but by looking at the holes that are left, i seem to be able to make out a metal plate surrounding each hole which is embedded in the GRP.

Is this part of the actual mount or just strengthning around it? I ask this as i cant fully work out how the mounts were originally attached and im hoping they werent part of the internal plates and have been removed by a drill or similar sorts.

I need to know if its a big job looming i.e. cutting the engine bearers apart and glassing in new mounts or just bolting a new set on/in?

Also, some water has accumilated in the holes and thus been absorbed into the internal foam - is this likely to create a structural problem or is the foam just used to build the shape?

Thanks
Old 30 September 2004, 17:44   #2

Boat name: Seascaper
Make: Hurricane 640
Length: 6.7
Engine: Volvo Penta AD31DP
Engine mounts

I have a brand new/unused set of engine mounts for a Mermaid Turbo Four - no use to me.Please make me an offer if they are of
any use. Tel: 07966 160008
Old 30 September 2004, 18:47   #3
Seb

Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 50
I may very well be interested although it does depend on whether i need to cut my engine bearers apart or not! Do you know if the engines came with standard mounts or if the P22's had different ones?

Also, im afraid ive got no idea what theyre worth or how much they are new - if youve got a figure in mind maybe you could send me a PM.

Cheers
Old 01 October 2004, 07:28   #4

Town: Lydney
Boat name: Taurus
Make: Zodiac 4.7
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 40
Engine Mounts

Seb

On my P22 the engine bearers are capped with a wrap around SS plate the engine mountings have 3 holding down bolts with a large rubber mounted central stud for the engine.

Roger
Old 01 October 2004, 07:36   #5

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
On my P22 the engine bearers are capped with a wrap around SS plate the engine mountings have 3 holding down bolts with a large rubber mounted central stud for the engine. Roger
Mine is is like this too, although its not standard does look very nice and the engine mountings are 3 bolts.

Pete