Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 September 2012, 07:03   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,693
At least he's starting to advise it was submerged.

Yes it was rebuilt by the dealership we took it from but we still sold it as spares/repairs to him as we couldn't justify selling it for face value when we knew it had submerged, even if it was for just a few hours. Rebuilding it won't guarantee no future related faults. The thinking was if he wanted to run with it knowing it was submerged that's his CHOICE. It may well go without any faults in the future. At least he knew. His sale is entirely different though.

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
__________________

__________________
Boats&Outboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 08:22   #12
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
At least he's starting to advise it was submerged.

Yes it was rebuilt by the dealership we took it from but we still sold it as spares/repairs to him as we couldn't justify selling it for face value when we knew it had submerged, even if it was for just a few hours. Rebuilding it won't guarantee no future related faults. The thinking was if he wanted to run with it knowing it was submerged that's his CHOICE. It may well go without any faults in the future. At least he knew. His sale is entirely different though.

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Yes but you have morals Peter, he on the other hand may not!
__________________

__________________
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 08:46   #13
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Listing has been ended
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 12:51   #14
Member
 
boristhebold's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post
Hi there,
Apparently it was submerged for a very very short time but was taken apart and rebuilt by proper Mariner/Mercury engineers, so it should not have any problems whatsoever if the information given by the previous owner is true.

- 01merlin2010
I asked him as well and thats the same answer word for word he told me so at leats he is saying it when people ask, I reckon hes twigged now.
__________________
boristhebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 13:01   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,693
No he's reading this!!!

Like you say ended now so must be sold.

He did ask me (or threaten in fact) to withdraw my statement about tax dodging. So i will - I take that back. He didn't email me saying he avoids tax... He's fully compliant with UK tax

Case closed!

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
__________________
Boats&Outboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 13:07   #16
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,239
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards
No he's reading this!!!

Like you say ended now so must be sold.

He did ask me (or threaten in fact) to withdraw my statement about tax dodging. So i will - I take that back. He didn't email me saying he avoids tax... He's fully compliant with UK tax

Case closed!

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
I actually laughed out loud!
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 13:42   #17
Member
 
actions's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Red May
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp Honda 4 Stroke
MMSI: Is quite long
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 653
Send a message via Skype™ to actions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards

He did ask me (or threaten in fact) to withdraw my statement about tax dodging. So i will - I take that back. He didn't email me saying he avoids tax... He's fully compliant with UK tax

Case closed!
Brilliant

Sent from my phone so excuse the predictive spelling / lack of smilies and short reply.....
__________________
actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 17:12   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
He did ask me (or threaten in fact) to withdraw my statement about tax dodging.
In that case, there's presumably another reason why it was being sold via his wife's ebay account?
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.