Old 15 July 2011, 08:56   #11

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
True, but all it needs is one poly bag in the wrong place......

Nothing planned as yet. In the meantime I'll be working on the toobs!

Old 15 July 2011, 12:48   #12

Town: bedford
Make: tornado
Engine: outboard 60hp merc
I have a camshell 3 Cyl 60hp 2 s and have had a water pressure gauge fitted for years. My kit was bought from West Marine in the states, although you can get either merc kits or or morse kits in the uk. Certainly the kit from the states with some other stuff was great value and West Marine now have an Int'l ordering system online.

It does have a fairly low pressure ie I think 5 to 6psi when at 4 to 5K RPM, the important thing is that you know, where the needle normal rests.

What I would also suggest is that if your pee stream is just a dribble at tick over, then it needs sorting as mine even on the muffs or in the tub at tick over does give a continuos stream. What I do notice that after replacing the impeller, ( every year) is that the stream gets better.

I think you need to replace, then see the difference.

Oh I forgot to say that on the rear of the cylinder cover you should have a brass plug that you take out to fit the pressure kit.

Old 15 July 2011, 13:47   #13

Town: bicester
Length: no boat
Engine: outboard only
a zero to fifteen psi will be ok water preasure at tickover about 1to 2 psi and wot about 8 psi the exact figures are in the service manual either in the front in the specs section or the gear housing section when you double check in ypu manual (if you have the factory copy)
regards
alan
Old 18 July 2011, 05:15   #14

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post

What I would also suggest is that if your pee stream is just a dribble at tick over, then it needs sorting as mine even on the muffs or in the tub at tick over does give a continuos stream. What I do notice that after replacing the impeller, ( every year) is that the stream gets better.

I think you need to replace, then see the difference.
Errr it's new everything - I'm still running it in! When I say dribble at idle it's not like a dripping tap, it squirts about half the distance to the toobs. At WOT I could jetwash anything to my Starboard side.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
Oh I forgot to say that on the rear of the cylinder cover you should have a brass plug that you take out to fit the pressure kit.
I thought that was for the temp switch? Good call ref. the kit. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle al View Post
a zero to fifteen psi will be ok water preasure at tickover about 1to 2 psi and wot about 8 psi the exact figures are in the service manual either in the front in the specs section or the gear housing section when you double check in ypu manual (if you have the factory copy)
regards
alan
Thanks, that's the numbers I was looking for , although it looks like Davej has solved the problem nicely.

Factory copy is still on my shopping list.....