Old 26 October 2009, 02:06   #21

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Water Dog
Make: Polaris
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
I can't recognize that but its possibly a water pressure sending tube.
Old 31 October 2009, 19:15   #22

Town: Portland, Dorset
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Update

Apparently it's not important, so leaving it out for now (for future searchers: it's something to do with a speedo, which I don't have anyway). I'll try and remember to replace it when I sell it but that hopefully that'll be a while yet.

I think you might have been right about too much grease - 1st picture as I can't work out how to insert it - it all goes back together now, yay !

I have left a couple of bits out cos they look knackered - Bristol Boats said they could order them and have given part numbers. One is the exhaust plate in the second pic, I take it this is actually knackered, I can't imagine anything is meant to look like that ?!

There's a random bit of rubber too but I'll worry about where that came from when I've got a new one. I've got a rough idea although not sure why there would be two things the same there.

Still not tested cos I wasn't sure how important the exhaust plate thingy is. I did try blowing through the water pipe with a straw (don't laugh, I'm sure it was on here someone suggested doing it to check for blockages!) - is it normal to have to blow quite hard or is that a sign of something else I need to check ? It was the same effort in both directions, so starting from the telltale outlet and starting from the metal pipe at the bottom.

And I've been so busy doing that I'd forgotten it's Halloween, must go and find the broomstick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grease.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	47278   Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust plate.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	47279