RIBnet admin team
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Originally Posted by BogMonster
... from Outboards Direct ...
Did you know that Outboards Direct and Oakley Marine (who you were quite critical of recently) are essentially the same organisation?
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2006, 16:43   #12
Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Originally Posted by Polwart
Did you know that Outboards Direct and Oakley Marine (who you were quite critical of recently) are essentially the same organisation?
Yes I did. I was initially extremely unimpressed at waiting over 2 months for a reply to an email because one of my pet hates is suppliers who ignore me when I want to spend money! I had not dealt with them in the past (didn't have a boat) but a number of people here do, and speak highly of them, which was why I persevered.

However when I eventually did get an answer back from Charles Oakley he couldn't have been more helpful, was very apologetic and explained why he had missed my emails etc etc.

He also came up with a price which was by some margin better than anything else I had seen. So my initial impression was poor but I am glad I persevered

BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2006, 15:48   #13
Town: whitehaven
Boat name: Arctic Wave, Solan
Make: quinquari wide body
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 225 4s 300 I/B
MMSI: 235039953
Send a message via MSN to roaisland
Johnson / Suzuki

Had to have both my 200 hp Etecs changed after failure at 60 hrs. from new. Took the Johnson 225 4s option as these would plug and play my existing wiring loom, controls and gauges. Did not have time to choose Honda or Yamaha as had to keep a contract alive. These ''Johnsons'' are in fact SUZUKI from top to bottom, quiet, economical (1/2 the consumption of the Etecs yes 1/2) Am happy with them and will never go back to Etecs. Jerry

roaisland is offline   Reply With Quote