Old 28 March 2005, 20:22   #1

Town: Enfield, Co Meath
Boat name: no name
Make: Zodiac Pro
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 115
Send a message via AIM to lc0021 Send a message via MSN to lc0021 Send a message via Skype™ to lc0021
another Yamaha 50 question

Thanks guys - the carb cleaner tip was good - sorted out a lot of problems. A leaky (sucking air) fuel line added to the problem.

However I have two other questions

(a) My throttle unit is fixed to the side of the console. On the bottom between the keyhole and the kill switch there is a small non latching switch - which I believe is for cold starting the engine... when I pull this switch I hear a click from the engine.. my question is - what exactly does this switch do ????

(b) Has anybody ever fitted an inline fuel filter to their fuel line (before the engine fuel filter) - would this interfere with the engines ability to draw fuel ??? If I was fitting it - is it better to fit it between the priming bulb and the engine so the bulb pushes fuel through it - rather than sucking fuel into it between the tank and the bulb ??
Old 29 March 2005, 08:15   #2

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Hi

Question a)

This is the choke switch, for cold starting you engine. If you take the cover off the engine and get a mate to flip the switch, you will see a little electro magnet pull out the choke on you carburetor.

Question b)

My fuel and water separator is place first then the bulb, and then last the built in fuel filter on the engine

Regards
Rene