Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 October 2012, 08:31   #1
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: Meppel
Boat name: In spem Blessings
Make: Damen
Length: 9m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Air drain Denso Ve 6 cil diesel injection pump

Hello, who can give me the correct method to my Denso VE 6 cylinder diesel injection pump to bleed. (Air drain) Especially the order of different actions. The Denso pump is part of my Yamaha 420 STI 1995. Sincerely Bert H.
__________________

__________________
Bert H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 11:15   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: hydradrive
Make: yamaha
Length: no boat
Engine: sterndrives
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 289
Air drain ? Are you wanting to bleed the fuel system.
__________________

__________________
yam man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 11:33   #3
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: Meppel
Boat name: In spem Blessings
Make: Damen
Length: 9m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam man View Post
Air drain ? Are you wanting to bleed the fuel system.
Indeed that is the problem, what is the right working order.
__________________
Bert H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 11:39   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: hydradrive
Make: yamaha
Length: no boat
Engine: sterndrives
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 289
There isn't a bleed screw or outlet on yam diesel . Just pump the primer on the fuel filter housing till rock hard , if still no luck try cracking and pump at same time bit of a 2 man job. The yams are pretty good at self bleeding and normally fire up when primer is rock hard failing that crack the injectors. Hope this helps
__________________
yam man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 13:32   #5
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: Meppel
Boat name: In spem Blessings
Make: Damen
Length: 9m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam man View Post
There isn't a bleed screw or outlet on yam diesel . Just pump the primer on the fuel filter housing till rock hard , if still no luck try cracking and pump at same time bit of a 2 man job. The yams are pretty good at self bleeding and normally fire up when primer is rock hard failing that crack the injectors. Hope this helps
Thank you, I will try on Tuesday and will let you know. Sincerely, Bert.
__________________
Bert H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 14:16   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: hydradrive
Make: yamaha
Length: no boat
Engine: sterndrives
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 289
No problem bert, let me know how you get on Graham
__________________
yam man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2012, 14:06   #7
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: Meppel
Boat name: In spem Blessings
Make: Damen
Length: 9m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam man View Post
No problem bert, let me know how you get on Graham
Hello, Unfortunately, I reported that today the challenge is unsuccessful. The Deso ​​rotary pump has two bleed screws. these two give all fuel. But the unscrewed pipes from the injectors give virtually no fuel. No idea what to do. I am also looking for an address where I could buy several components.
Regards Bert.
__________________
Bert H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2012, 15:49   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: hydradrive
Make: yamaha
Length: no boat
Engine: sterndrives
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert H.
Hello, Unfortunately, I reported that today the challenge is unsuccessful. The Deso ​​rotary pump has two bleed screws. these two give all fuel. But the unscrewed pipes from the injectors give virtually no fuel. No idea what to do. I am also looking for an address where I could buy several components.
Regards Bert.
Personal message sent (pm) regards Graham
__________________

__________________
yam man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.