Old 28 October 2012, 21:38   #41

Town: Vancouver, BC Canada
Boat name: Black Ops
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Length: 7m +
Engine: OceanPro 150hp x 2
That warranty document is different than mine, in that it says work must be put in the logbook AND entered online by a dealer. EU thing as you stated.

Clyde, your responses are not consistent with what I expect from a "trade member" on this board. Fortunately, I don't live in Scotland. The magazine article you quoted was a review of a different engine.

Hard to compete if you are ignorant of what the competition is offering. If your business relies on lottery funds and juicy contracts for business, Darwin will take care of it.
Old 28 October 2012, 22:21   #42

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming04
That warranty document is different than mine, in that it says work must be put in the logbook AND entered online by a dealer. EU thing as you stated.
So does that mean my initial post (and the original "unscrupulous" main dealer post) wasn't B******S after all!

If it does, perhaps its better you refrain from making that kind of comment on threads which are not within your locality. As others have stated you could well have invalidated somebody's warranty with your inaccurate information...

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 28 October 2012, 23:40   #43

Town: Vancouver, BC Canada
Boat name: Black Ops
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Length: 7m +
Engine: OceanPro 150hp x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
So does that mean my initial post (and the original "unscrupulous" main dealer post) wasn't B******S after all!

If it does, perhaps its better you refrain from making that kind of comment on threads which are not within your locality. As others have stated you could well have invalidated somebody's warranty with your inaccurate information...

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
I challenged them to provide documentation. Someone else has. Like I said in my first post, that requirement is illegal on this side of the pond.
Old 29 October 2012, 08:15   #44

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming04 View Post
I challenged them to provide documentation. Someone else has. Like I said in my first post, that requirement is illegal on this side of the pond.

mmm your first post was
Quote:
I purchased a new mercury 150 4 stroke about 4 months ago. This is the all new, non-verado unit. So far, it has been outstanding. Quiet, fuel efficient and plenty of power/speed.

What sets it apart from other four strokes. Large 3 litre displacement, simple single cam design with a timing chain (no belts to change or valves to adjust). All maintenance can be done by the owner... Oil changes are dead simple.
now please forgive me if I am wrong but I see no mention what side of the pond and that your post could be irrelevant and misleading to the original poster as you stated in your last post.

re:
Quote:
Clyde, your responses are not consistent with what I expect from a "trade member" on this board. Fortunately, I don't live in Scotland. The magazine article you quoted was a review of a different engine.

Hard to compete if you are ignorant of what the competition is offering. If your business relies on lottery funds and juicy contracts for business, Darwin will take care of it.
ok first of all. When someone in the Uk finishes a post with a name it does tend to be their name i.e. in my case Dave.

next: when did I say we are reliant on lottery funds etc. do you just make things up or try and mislead people on purpose? FYI we have all ready done more than we did last year and still have another 3 months to go (feb 1st year end) and it looks like we will have grown by over 50% of which the vast majority comes from leisure users. Oh and FYI I would love to have more "juicy contracts with business as they would be juicy

re the review: The review is less than a year old as relates not to your engine but most importantly to the original posters question as a very rough guide. The fact that you dont trust reviews is your business but that does not mean that others would not find it interesting.

Being ignorant: lol. dealers speak to each other all the time ( and in some cases to often) about what is good and bad about the ranges they sell new and it is their comments I have passed on and I think it is fair to say they dont expect to sell that many as stand alone units.

They do think it will sell though as mercury in fairness have signed up many of the boat makers and they will be sold as package.

Dave
Old 29 October 2012, 18:17   #45

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
Sorry someone might have said all this already.
This is the UK Warranty info for Mercury.

"If the customer does not have his engine serviced by an Authorised
Service Dealer in accordance with the terms of the Five Year Warranty
then the standard manufacturer’s warranty will apply – 3 Years for
Verado, Optimax and 150EFI four stroke models, all other four stokes are
2 Years"

That's copied from the Mercury UK book.

Basically you can do what you like but if you don't go to a main dealer you only get 3/2 years warranty not 5 years.
Old 29 October 2012, 20:49   #46

And just one more bit of Boll**ks for you.

Conditions for Extended Warranty
The Mercury Marine specified pre-delivery inspection process for the outboard must be
completed and documented by your Dealer.
An Authorized Service Centre * must perform the recommended routine
servicing/maintenance requirements and repairs and log these with Mercury.
The recommended service intervals and maintenance recommendations must be adhered
to 3mth, 12mth, 2yr, 3yr, 4yr, 5yr or 20hr, 100 hrs, 200 hrs, 300 hrs, 400 hrs, 500 hrs, 600
hrs…; whatever comes first. The Extended Warranty program will not be limited in terms of hours of usage providing
that the conditions are met.
ONLY Mercury Marine certified parts, oils and lubes must be used for service and repairs.
Services must be recorded in your logbook and registered on-line by your authorized
dealer

Don't forget you are talking about Canadian warranty, we are talking about European warranty set by Marine Power Europe.
Old 29 October 2012, 20:57   #47

And just to top it off..... click the link....

http://www.mercury-marine.eu/media/9...rranty2012.pdf