Old 25 February 2008, 20:52   #11

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Just had to have fuel pump, filter and injectors rebuilt on my tow truck after allowing it to stand for a year with the same fuel in it. Bloody desert rats ate out a bunch of wiring and vac. tubing also. However bear in mind the climate here. It was fine 3 months ago but last week dead as a Do Do. That is not a cheap repair job as we had to drop the 40 gal tank. Still had 10 gals in the tank. My mech. told me to add another 10 gals. and 1 cup of ATF per 5 gals.
Worked like a charm, even drove it to the tests station about 10 miles, for emissions test. Passed test with a margin of 10x on all tests. Vehicle is 20 years old. Apparently there is a high level of detergent in ATF and it cleans all the gummy crap out.
If you have rat problems scatter mothballs under the vehicle.

Old 25 February 2008, 23:17   #12

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Two things piss me off... auto repairs... Varmints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
Just had to have fuel pump, filter and injectors rebuilt on my tow truck after allowing it to stand for a year with the same fuel in it. Bloody desert rats ate out a bunch of wiring and vac. tubing also. However bear in mind the climate here. It was fine 3 months ago but last week dead as a Do Do. That is not a cheap repair job as we had to drop the 40 gal tank. Still had 10 gals in the tank. My mech. told me to add another 10 gals. and 1 cup of ATF per 5 gals.
Worked like a charm, even drove it to the tests station about 10 miles, for emissions test. Passed test with a margin of 10x on all tests. Vehicle is 20 years old. Apparently there is a high level of detergent in ATF and it cleans all the gummy crap out.
If you have rat problems scatter mothballs under the vehicle.
I like to scatter shotgun shell pellets around for the rats, usually out the end of a barrel... makes em easy to clean up, course, you knew that... We all have our problems, last summer I blasted 10 groundhogs (gophers) with my trusty yet battered Weatherby .22 auto, the damn things kept trying to move into my yard, dig holes/dens in the yard, around the foundation of the house... they didn't...

Old 25 February 2008, 23:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
I like to scatter shotgun shell pellets around for the rats, usually out the end of a barrel... makes em easy to clean up, course, you knew that... We all have our problems, last summer I blasted 10 groundhogs (gophers) with my trusty yet battered Weatherby .22 auto, the damn things kept trying to move into my yard, dig around the foundation of the house... they didn't...
The trouble with pack rats is you never see them in daylight. Try the mothballs , I am told they work on all vermin and so far so good. However, I have also take the precaution of hanging an inspection lamp under the truck tied to the drivers side door handle so I do do not drive off forgetting it. I have some sub sonic target 22's that just go pop but I can never find the buggers. Everyone I have spoken to tell me they only eat the purple wires, they are correct, so go figure that one out.
I have seen a few and they are big enough to put a saddle on.
My bigger problem is Javalina, they ripped my Labs. shoulder open a year ago but Game and Fish said I could not shoot them without a hunting licence or out of season. Next time it will be a 12GA with 00 and screw G&F.
Old 26 February 2008, 00:01   #14

Road kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
The trouble with pack rats is you never see them in daylight. Try the mothballs , I am told they work on all vermin and so far so good. However, I have also take the precaution of hanging an inspection lamp under the truck tied to the drivers side door handle so I do do not drive off forgetting it. I have some sub sonic target 22's that just go pop but I can never find the buggers. Everyone I have spoken to tell me they only eat the purple wires, they are correct, so go figure that one out.
I have seen a few and they are big enough to put a saddle on.
My bigger problem is Javalina, they ripped my Labs. shoulder open a year ago but Game and Fish said I could not shoot them without a hunting licence or out of season. Next time it will be a 12GA with 00 and screw G&F.
What you need is a nice, quiet rifle next time little piggy comes to play...
Old 26 February 2008, 00:10   #15

gas cure

didn't mean to hijack the thread boys... got out on a tangent there...
speaking of old gas a friend of mine claims a product called "TBF" works wonders, anyone ever hear of it?
Old 26 February 2008, 00:32   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
What you need is a nice, quiet rifle next time little piggy comes to play...
Yea, know how to do that with a ............. but not telling in public.