Old 22 April 2011, 14:01   #1

Town: stockport
Length: 3m +
25hp mariner marathon

hi all, could anybody tell me the difference between the standard mariner 25hp 2 stroke and the marathon 25hp 2 stroke. more precisely the weight and the total height from the bottom of the skeg to the top of the hood (short shaft version).
Need to be able to transport side on in a vauxhall zafira along with my 3.8m sib.

many thanks in advance
Old 23 April 2011, 16:27   #2

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Cant tell the figgers, but the marathon is a rebadged Tohatsu if that helps?
Old 03 June 2011, 23:52   #3

Boat name: I
Length: no boat
Hello there I am a marine engineer I own my own boat yard at rodley uk. Ok so you want to know some info on a mariner marathon. Well the mariner marathon range make commercial 2 strokes for the work boats and life guards so they are better and more rugged, lighter by about 5kg, more reliable, he'll of a lot faster. You do need to mix these engines at 50 to 1 ratio. I would recommend this engine instead of a regular mariner. Best regards Jordan
Old 08 June 2011, 21:18   #4

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
Actually, there is pretty much no difference between the two engines. About 10-15 years ago there was a difference the marathon had more stainless steel parts and usually no thermostat to allow better performance in hot climates.
More recently (the last 5 years or so) its just a brand name, in the same way as Mercury Seapro and Saltwater. The weight is the same the performance is the same.
If you bought a mariner 2 stroke it would be a marathon they are all badged as marathons.
Old 09 June 2011, 01:07   #5

Town: Sussex
Make: Ceasar Surfcat
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
The Mariner Marathon is, as said before, a rebadged Tohatsu 25/30 and the normal 2 stroke Mariner 25 is the rebadged Mercury 25. Both good engines. Out of the 2 of them, i'd pick the Marathon as its deffinately a stronger more powerful, robust and simpler unit-drinks a tiny bit more fuel though.
Old 09 June 2011, 20:29   #6

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Engine: Mercury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
The Mariner Marathon is, as said before, a rebadged Tohatsu 25/30 and the normal 2 stroke Mariner 25 is the rebadged Mercury 25. Both good engines. Out of the 2 of them, i'd pick the Marathon as its deffinately a stronger more powerful, robust and simpler unit-drinks a tiny bit more fuel though.
The Mercury based 25 2 stroke went out of production about 4 years ago, so the only option is the Tohastu based engine. All Mariner 2 strokes are badged as Marathon. All Mercury 2 strokes are badged as Seapro.
Old 10 June 2011, 15:01   #7

Town: Liverpool
Boat name: BENJ5
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90hp
Tohatsu 25hp

Hi Brian here from Aberafon, sorry i did'nt catch your name when we met last week.
Just reading your post and spotted this on boatsandoutboards Tohatsu 25hp 2stroke longshaft, just thought it might cure your transom problem?

Outboard Engine for sale , Tohatsu 25Hp 2 stroke outboard engine, long shaft - Boats And Outboards

Brian.