Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 June 2005, 16:38   #11
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 835
Dont be fooled by TCW3, Etec requires xd, or ficht oil anyway, opti oil is fully synthetic, and its whats recomended, the Xd oil for instance has carb X additive to reduce carbon build up, you are also supposed to do periodic decarbs, with the Rudes, dont know about the Optis, for a couple of extra quid, and when you look at the price of the engine , use the right oil.Optis are noiser, obviously the belt driven Alternator and Compressor add to this, still sound good though, had a pair of Fichts over 1024 hours on em, with one replaced voltage regulator and two lower pump kits, anodes plugs filters etc.
Opti has only 70 hrs on it so its hard to say, but we are running Opti oil
__________________

__________________
www.dublinsislands.com

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 00:55   #12
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: friesland
Boat name: smokkelaer
Make: revenger
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
Dont be fooled by TCW3, Etec requires xd, or ficht oil anyway, opti oil is fully synthetic, and its whats recomended, the Xd oil for instance has carb X additive to reduce carbon build up, you are also supposed to do periodic decarbs, with the Rudes, dont know about the Optis, for a couple of extra quid, and when you look at the price of the engine , use the right oil.Optis are noiser, obviously the belt driven Alternator and Compressor add to this, still sound good though, had a pair of Fichts over 1024 hours on em, with one replaced voltage regulator and two lower pump kits, anodes plugs filters etc.
Opti has only 70 hrs on it so its hard to say, but we are running Opti oil
Glad that there's someone who is also glad with his 225 Opti.
__________________

__________________
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 08:06   #13
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
Glad that there's someone who is also glad with his 225 Opti.
We've got one on our demonstrator, and we added the SC5000 instrument (the one that comes with the Verados) and it is great, with no problems so far!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 08:09   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,255
What was the problem at Ramsgate?
__________________
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 08:45   #15
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: friesland
Boat name: smokkelaer
Make: revenger
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
What was the problem at Ramsgate?
What problem ?
__________________
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 08:50   #16
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
What was the problem at Ramsgate?
Well you can't be talking to me either - we lapped the whole field except the other BananaShark in the race and a 9m diesel Pascoe!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 08:56   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,255
Since when has the raceboat had an opti?
I'm talking about the "PleasureShark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Well you can't be talking to me either - we lapped the whole field except the other BananaShark in the race and a 9m diesel Pascoe!
__________________
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 09:00   #18
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
Since when has the raceboat had an opti?
I'm talking about the "PleasureShark"
Wasn't aware of any problems with that either - it was bobbing about all day on rescue duty just off the harbour .............. they even had time for a "we are not worthy" type bow when we came past one time - Graham and I were in hysterics in the boat!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 09:05   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,255
It appeared to be exhibiting characteristics similiar to a flat battery - except the gauge was reading 12 volts. I only took note cos we'd just suffered the same thing - kitten thought it might have had a bad earth?
__________________
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2005, 09:36   #20
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
It appeared to be exhibiting characteristics similiar to a flat battery - except the gauge was reading 12 volts. I only took note cos we'd just suffered the same thing - kitten thought it might have had a bad earth?
Sorry you're absolutely correct, I'd forgotten about that - it was a fitting error - no grease on the battery terminals and it was a bad earth - our fault and nothing to do with the engine!
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.