Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 June 2013, 16:14   #1
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,387
Any one know these people, very tempted


200 hp Mercury 2 stroke XL (25")shaft 1994/5(One of a pair) Outboard Engine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200-hp-Mer...item3a81b07344
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2013, 17:33   #2
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
So you just want a R/H rotation gearbox then?

Just noticed that they're in Warsash, have a word with Biffer as I guess he'll know who they are. If you want someone to take a look then let me know.
__________________

__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2013, 17:45   #3
Member
 
ashbypower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salisbury/Poole
Boat name: Blue C
Make: XS 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: 125hp Opti
MMSI: 235082826/235909566
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,439
Intrestingly their registered address is offices... postal addy only !! MMMM
__________________
Brian C
Harbour Sea School & APS Marine Centre
ashbypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 00:50   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbypower View Post
Intrestingly their registered address is offices... postal addy only !! MMMM
I was thinking ts fishy,

I want another 200 power head to build, for a spare!
and at that price it's worth stripping and doing the business on it
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 02:00   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,693
If your worried about them being fictitious don't. They are known for buying and selling a lot of large used motors from their Warsash base SO31 9HT. I've never been to their workshops but they are on the south coast. I've seen them at a few of the boat shows/jumbles and they have a trade account on Boats&Outboards website (which is nothing to do with us at Boatsandoutboards4sale). They go under the full name of SolentOutboardaexchange. Here's their website

http://www.solentoutboardexchange.uk.com/

Obviously I cannot comment on them in terms of honesty, reliability etc but you don't have to worry about them not having the item to sell etc. They have had these ones up for a while now.

www.BoatsandOutboards4Sale.co.uk
__________________
Boats&Outboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 04:16   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
If your worried about them being fictitious don't. They are known for buying and selling a lot of large used motors from their Warsash base SO31 9HT. I've never been to their workshops but they are on the south coast. I've seen them at a few of the boat shows/jumbles and they have a trade account on Boats&Outboards website (which is nothing to do with us at Boatsandoutboards4sale). They go under the full name of SolentOutboardaexchange. Here's their website

http://www.solentoutboardexchange.uk.com/

Obviously I cannot comment on them in terms of honesty, reliability etc but you don't have to worry about them not having the item to sell etc. They have had these ones up for a while now.

www.BoatsandOutboards4Sale.co.uk
Many thanks still awaiting a response from them

Edd
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 04:36   #7
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbypower View Post
Intrestingly their registered address is offices... postal addy only !! MMMM
Never used them but I can say they are a genuine business. They are located in the same place as I store my boat. Think I saw the engines in question being tested on Friday. Sounded good.

Andy
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 04:38   #8
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightdiver View Post

Never used them but I can say they are a genuine business. They are located in the same place as I store my boat. Think I saw the engines in question being tested on Friday. Sounded good.

Andy
Ahh just gt back to me, awaiting comp readings and jobs a good un
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2013, 05:21   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,263
One of the chaps that runs that business is Steve Amato - he's a well respected local outboard engineer (pretty sure his name will come up on here with a search. I've probably spelt his surname incorrectly).
__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2013, 12:21   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hypercat
Make: Ringcat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Merc 300
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 286
Warsash Boys

I have just purchased a small SIB and outboard from them, genuine nice people. In fact I saw the Mercs in their workshop
__________________

__________________
Simeon Penn

www.sabermarine.com
Trailer Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.