Hi, If anyone needs injectors for etec or ficht drop me a PM. Barry
Old 22 August 2011, 22:28   #22

Town: clifden
Boat name: outbound
Make: avon 6m\ osprey 6,25
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard suzi df140
06 etec 150 compression

sorry outboard tech, we ve one coming from the states at $300 each,now the next question do these really need too be coded to the existing emm or whats the story on all this or is it really a con job, i ve studied this motor alot and i cant see how they can programme the injector too do any more other than open let the fuel in and close in 25 milli seconds, it is basically a speaker solenoid that responds to a voltage sent down 2 wires , so its not can bus , any one got any ideas on this and i have too travel 150 miles round trip to programme it and if you read etec owners they fail alot, we work all wk too play on sat or sun , engine dont work its all over for another 2 weeks til we have it fixed. thanks
Old 23 August 2011, 08:47   #23

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
If you don't already have the Windows software for E-TEC diagnosis I'd get it. If I understand correctly, it allows you to do pretty much anything a dealer can do. I'm 8000 miles away from my outboard at the moment so I can't check it and confirm but if there is a need to programme an injector I am pretty sure you will be able to do it with that and all you need is a Windows laptop, a USB to serial converter and the right lead to plug in, all of which are quite easy to get. I got a diagnostic lead with the engine, and I bought the USB to serial converter off Ebay for about £2.

As already mentioned the E-TEC owners forum has people on it who have forgotten more about E-TECs than I will ever know including some Evinrude dealers in various parts of the world. They are really helpful and I am sure will talk you through any diagnostics you need to do. I don't have a dealer in my country so I've got to DIY anything, but I'm not too worried about that at the moment with the help available.

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2011, 16:46   #24

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan-ber View Post
sorry outboard tech, we ve one coming from the states at $300 each,now the next question do these really need too be coded to the existing emm or whats the story on all this or is it really a con job, i ve studied this motor alot and i cant see how they can programme the injector too do any more other than open let the fuel in and close in 25 milli seconds, it is basically a speaker solenoid that responds to a voltage sent down 2 wires , so its not can bus , any one got any ideas on this and i have too travel 150 miles round trip to programme it and if you read etec owners they fail alot, we work all wk too play on sat or sun , engine dont work its all over for another 2 weeks til we have it fixed. thanks
No it's not a con job, if you don't program in the coefficients, you will probably melt a piston. The coefficients used to be supplied on a floppy disc along with the injector, AFAIK they are now downloaded from dealerport which only dealers can access. The coefficients are unique to each injector. You need the diagnostic software as mentioned by Boggy, to program the coeffs. into the EMM.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2011, 08:26   #25

Town: clifden
Boat name: outbound
Make: avon 6m\ osprey 6,25
Engine: outboard suzi df140
06 etec 150 compression

thanks p d , will wait for injector to come and take it to t dealer for a plug in, will keep you informed
Old 28 August 2011, 01:27   #26

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordyP View Post
How much did you have to shell out for the new injector? I have a number of water damaged injectors on mine that will need replaced, been told they are about £400 + VAT!
how did the water get in Gordy?

£400 is v expensive. £180 is what I was quoted just for the part. Fitting is not difficult however you need to update the EMM for each new injector you install which means you need a dealer to access the BRP dealerport system to download the details for each injector.

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2011, 14:57   #27

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
how did the water get in Gordy?

£400 is v expensive. £180 is what I was quoted just for the part. Fitting is not difficult however you need to update the EMM for each new injector you install which means you need a dealer to access the BRP dealerport system to download the details for each injector.
Welds on the underdeck tank had started to corrode, with the open transom and heavily loaded it allowed sea water in. It was the last thing I checked after renewing all the other pipework.

Who quoted you £180, that would make a huge difference? Taking the boat tomorrow to a guy who does work for Rod Bower for a second opinion, I still think I will be looking at replacing multiple injectors, the port engine is running like a bags of nails.
Old 28 August 2011, 15:07   #28

RIBase
£180 sounds like a bargain, I thought they were about $600 which is about 400 quid. Have you tried stripping one down & cleaning it Gordon? As an aside, didn't you get any "water in fuel" warnings?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 28 August 2011, 16:44   #29

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
All the injectors have been out stripped and replaced, starboard engine is running ok with a bit of lumpyness at low revs, port engine is terrible. I had water in fuel warnings, as a result I had renewed all the filters then all the pipework.
Old 28 August 2011, 17:25   #30
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Taking the boat tomorrow to a guy who does work for Rod Bower for a second opinion
Yer in good hands there

(BTW, I'll organise that other thing for you this week )
Old 28 August 2011, 19:43   #31

Quote:
Who quoted you £180, that would make a huge difference? Taking the boat tomorrow to a guy who does work for Rod Bower for a second opinion, I still think I will be looking at replacing multiple injectors, the port engine is running like a bags of nails.
£180 was the cost of the part only and there was VAT on top.

I just phoned Rob at ProRig Marine

Born fiddler
Old 28 August 2011, 19:44   #32

Quote:
£180 was the cost of the part only and there was VAT on top.

I just phoned Rob at ProRig Marine this was a while back so not sure if prices may have gone up.

Born fiddler
Old 28 August 2011, 21:33   #33

RIBase
£216 is still a good price, how do you go on with the co-efficients, are they supplied with the injector or do you have to find a tame dealer?
Old 28 August 2011, 22:06   #34

I was wondering the same thing ^^^

Old 28 August 2011, 22:32   #35

I never got as far as buying one, however I was under the impression that if you could get hold of the coefficients you could upload them without the bootstrap tool, however I think this might have changed probably to stop amatures from fettling, mithering and just generally fiddling ;-)

Born fiddler
Old 28 August 2011, 22:55   #36

Town: Fareham
I would have thought that if supplied new, the data would be supplied in the form of a lable of comformaty otherwise there should be a stamped number/ letters on the side of the injector. There must be a unique code on each injector, this should either be or cross referance to the data needed for calibration.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2011, 00:50   #37

That's how vehicle injectors work but on the Land Rover ones I have done the injector code is programmed straight into the ECU. Hopefully the E-TEC has something similar. Will have to ask over on the other side.

Old 29 August 2011, 18:38   #38

RIBase
The co-efficients are programmed directly from the diagnostic software, you don't need the bootstrap. The coefs are quite complex & not just a straight forward number. You can use the software to look at the coefficients already programmed into your emm for your existing injectors. They look like 4 quids worth of lucky dips for the euromillions.
I've attached the coeffs from my No1 injector, bear in mind this is the data for just 1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf H_5217600.pdf (31.3 KB, 115 views)