Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 September 2004, 09:39   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,400
Smilies wot I would like.

JK is there a chance to get some more smilies

I would like:-
?
Well (hands on hips)
Anorak
Please
Big kahooners
sad
oops
And a lot more i can't think of at the moment.
Des
__________________

__________________
Scary Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 10:09   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W/Bristol
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 70hp Tohatsu
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,543
I think we are in desperate need of an Anorak smiley!

I think I'll be needing a sad face over the next few months cos I'll be bogged down with uni work :-(

bum
__________________

__________________
slimtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 11:22   #3
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
I don't plan to add loads to the forum, but you're not restricted to using the ones here. There are thousands out there -- a Google search for "smilies" would be a good place to start

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 11:40   #4
Member
 
Country: Greece
Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,339
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
.... and what's the reason again that we cannot have avatars??
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 11:45   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
or [IMG] tags in sig's? (with a size limit of course)
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 12:08   #6
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
.... and what's the reason again that we cannot have avatars??
Because they are a pointless waste of space that will add nothing to the usefulness of the forums. There will never be avatars on RIBnet. Give up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
or [IMG] tags in sig's? (with a size limit of course)
Similarly because I don't see that it will add any value to the site. I've done away with smilies in sigs, and I'll probably get rid of bold and coloured text too before long as the sigs become more prominent than the actual posts -- although in some cases the sigs have more content anyway!

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 12:14   #7
Member
 
Country: Greece
Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,339
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Because they are a pointless waste of space that will add nothing to the usefulness of the forums. There will never be avatars on RIBnet. Give up! John
NEVER http://www.schlauchboot-online.com/f...ine=1066993824
Now can you tell me what's wrong with this one?
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 12:29   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
............., and I'll probably get rid of bold and coloured text too before long as the sigs become more prominent than the actual posts -- although in some cases the sigs have more content anyway!

John
I take your point on sigs, it get cluttered and hard to read, but I struggle to find smilies that helps to emphasize the points Iím attempting to make. I would partially like an anorak smiley.
Des
__________________
Scary Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 12:44   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
I would partially like an anorak smiley.
Des
Only one sleeve and the back mebbe????

missus
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2004, 13:47   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: sunny south coast
Boat name: Pride of Bilboa
Length: 10m +
MMSI: 4
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 521
You can never have enough smilies..

__________________

__________________
tony
tcwozere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.