Old 26 May 2018, 16:17   #1

Length: 3m +
Replacement tubes Zodiac Pro 650

Hi.
Im thinking of buying a Zodiac Pro 650, but the tubes will need replacement.
As far as i can tell these slide on with a bit of help.
So question is can anyone recommend a supplier for these tubes and an idea of cost. Boat is yr 2000.
Thnaks for your help

Alex
Old 26 May 2018, 19:31   #2

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Plenty of rib tube manufactures about unfortunately not many near Scotland.Closest will likely be SIT in Preston then Dave Cowal @ north west ribs in Chorley, Barnet Marines XS factory is in hull as are humber and new company Kracken they then get closer together further south, Henshaws, Paul Tilley and plenty more.
I've dealt with Dave Cowal and just had a set of tubes from SIT and both are fine to deal with cost wise roughly in the region of £4500 - £6000 depending on spec
Old 27 May 2018, 00:44   #3

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
I was under the belief zodiac tubes had more than doubled in price since the US ownership takeover. I've enquired here in Aus for my 550 pro and in all honesty I would be better off selling my outboard and trailer and taking the hull to the tip rather than replace the tubes.

An outfit ( boat motor trailer )worth $24,000 with a tube replacement cost of $14000 ( here in Aus ) is going damages sales for the company.
Old 27 May 2018, 19:58   #4

Length: 3m +
hi
Thanks for the replies.
Im going to contact those suppliers in the morning. I will let you know how i get on.
Old 27 May 2018, 21:43   #5

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
I was under the belief zodiac tubes had more than doubled in price since the US ownership takeover. I've enquired here in Aus for my 550 pro and in all honesty I would be better off selling my outboard and trailer and taking the hull to the tip rather than replace the tubes.

An outfit ( boat motor trailer )worth $24,000 with a tube replacement cost of $14000 ( here in Aus ) is going damages sales for the company.
There’s no way that’s correct, unless maybe a NEO tubeset and lots of expensive air freight.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 22:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
There’s no way that’s correct, unless maybe a NEO tubeset and lots of expensive air freight.
The place my zodiac came from does commercial life rafts but has dropped zodiac due to the doubling of price almost overnight. I could buy from the UK or USA as they are far cheaper there but by the time shipping, tax and customs handling is added it simply isn't worth replacing tubes. As you can see from this thread nobody is jumping in with bargain quotes, which given they are far cheaper that side of the pond tells you something.

Cost of a new 550 is now at around $59950 at my local dealer 5000 km away (the opposite side of Aus).
Old 27 May 2018, 22:36   #7

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
$14k auz is around £8k ukp so probably not unrealistic for oem tubes, some uk manufactuters could be getting up towards that level
Old 27 May 2018, 22:43   #8

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
The place my zodiac came from does commercial life rafts but has dropped zodiac due to the doubling of price almost overnight. I could buy from the UK or USA as they are far cheaper there but by the time shipping, tax and customs handling is added it simply isn't worth replacing tubes. As you can see from this thread nobody is jumping in with bargain quotes, which given they are far cheaper that side of the pond tells you something.

Cost of a new 550 is now at around $59950 at my local dealer 5000 km away (the opposite side of Aus).

Most commercial liferaft facilities tend to overcharge. They’re used to commercial customers who pay whatever the price is.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 01:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
$14k auz is around £8k ukp so probably not unrealistic for oem tubes, some uk manufactuters could be getting up towards that level
At least $4000 of that would be shipping and dutys.
Old 28 May 2018, 04:50   #10

Town: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Length: 4m +
RIBase
Look closely through this forums classified ads... Milpro Hyp/neo w/ IC valves and HD rubstrake, and red/black in color.
http://www.rib.net/forum/f47/6-5m-zo...bes-78745.html
FanOfZHT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zodiac