Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 September 2010, 15:56   #1
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Quoting multiple posts?

Is there an easy way to quote more than one post or posts from different members in a single reply?

I usually fumble my way past most computer related problems but cant find a way to do this without typing out all the brackets and post numbers etc etc.

Any help please?
__________________

__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 16:07   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Is there an easy way to quote more than one post or posts from different members in a single reply?

I usually fumble my way past most computer related problems but cant find a way to do this without typing out all the brackets and post numbers etc etc.

Any help please?
I'd also be interested.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 16:37   #3
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
The function exists in vBulletin (its an extra icon that appears beside "quote" at the bottom right) but the big yin doesn't like it so has it disabled.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 16:39   #4
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
So how do most people go about it? I've seen it being done here lots of times
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 16:44   #5
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,927
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Is there an easy way to quote more than one post or posts from different members in a single reply?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I'd also be interested.
That figures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
but the big yin doesn't like it so has it disabled.
huh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
So how do most people go about it? I've seen it being done here lots of times
It's a knack
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 18:07   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,927
RIBase
Hmmm, turn your back for a minute round here...

Well, obviously it's just turbo cut'n'paste. To keep it simples, start with oldest post, Quote and edit it, copy the result (control A and then C). The use the page back button in your browser to return to the thread. Quote the next post, and paste (Control V) your saved stuff in at the start, continue editing that post (creatively, if you're Mollers).

Repeat as required.

Right that's that, so then Martini, what's Income Tax?
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 18:11   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Hmmm, turn your back for a minute round here...

Well, obviously it's just turbo cut'n'paste. To keep it simples, start with oldest post, Quote and edit it, copy the result (control A and then C). The use the page back button in your browser to return to the thread. Quote the next post, and paste (Control V) your saved stuff in at the start, continue editing that post (creatively, if you're Mollers).

Repeat as required.

Right that's that, so then Martini, what's Income Tax?
You'd need to have an income first, but given the amount of time you must spend copy-back-paste-forward-etc that seems unlikely....
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 18:17   #8
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,927
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
You'd need to have an income first, but given the amount of time you must spend copy-back-paste-forward-etc that seems unlikely....
I generally try to avoid having an Income...
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 18:21   #9
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Hmmm, turn your back for a minute round here...

Well, obviously it's just turbo cut'n'paste. To keep it simples, start with oldest post, Quote and edit it, copy the result (control A and then C). The use the page back button in your browser to return to the thread. Quote the next post, and paste (Control V) your saved stuff in at the start, continue editing that post (creatively, if you're Mollers).

Repeat as required.

Right that's that, so then Martini, what's Income Tax?

Bugger that .. just open several ribnet windows on a topic , start your reply on the first one then go to quote all the others you want to make a point on, and copy paste into your actual reply and fill the post with Mollers type drivel .. all wisywg stuff no DOS required

*Edit* .. when are we going 4.06 tall chap ?
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 18:23   #10
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Is there an easy way to quote more than one post or posts from different members in a single reply?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Yes
Clearly not!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
No one likes a clever clogs.
He said it, not me!


Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Right that's that, so then Martini, what's Income Tax?
Don't ask me, I'm just a welder

Christ thats hard work
__________________

__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.