Old 06 February 2006, 18:28   #41

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
and!!! there!!! was!!! me!!! thinking!!! you!!! were!!! in!!! the!!! computers!!! game!!! fancy not knowing how to post a pic! what can I say?

I shall bite my lip and not offer to liven up the site a bit cos the cod lovers will be chasing my tail!

ps... when are you going to be posting some more pics of your boat then? and when are you going to cough up to JK instead of wasting time with excuses?, when i paid my measley 10quid it was effortless and simple and took seconds!
Expecting more pics through any day now - Dom's wife just had a baby so he's been a bit stressed and busy - will start nagging him as soon as he's recovered!!!
Old 06 February 2006, 20:54   #42

Length: 6m +
Quote:
ps... when are you going to be posting some more pics of your boat then? and when are you going to cough up to JK instead of wasting time with excuses?, when i paid my measley 10quid it was effortless and simple and took seconds!
If you feel that £10 is measly, this site does offer you the facility to contribute larger amounts!
Old 06 February 2006, 21:10   #43

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Yes it does offer the facility to contribute larger amounts, however I choose to contribute in some way and only contribute the £10 for the bronze level, as this level gives me the functionality I require at the moment. I buy the service I require and do not feel compelled to treat ribnet as if it was a charity.

The example of this being a measly amount was to demonstrate to codders that if he was going thru a poor and broke spell then perhaps £10 would not break the bank. It is down to him, as JK says, if he wants to contribute something.

I think it would be rather interesting to see the stats around the number of members on ribnet, and how many are at each level, and what non membership donations are made. Perhaps that would compel some who use the site a lot to contribute something rather than nothing......

I pay something so I cant be knocked for that when so many pay nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
If you feel that £10 is measly, this site does offer you the facility to contribute larger amounts!
Old 06 February 2006, 21:38   #44

Quote:
The example of this being a measly amount was to demonstrate to codders that if he was going thru a poor and broke spell then perhaps £10 would not break the bank. It is down to him, as JK says, if he wants to contribute something.

I think it would be rather interesting to see the stats around the number of members on ribnet, and how many are at each level, and what non membership donations are made. Perhaps that would compel some who use the site a lot to contribute something rather than nothing......

I pay something so I cant be knocked for that when so many pay nothing
As usual you have missed the point - it's NOT the £10 it is the EFFORT of filling in stuff and looking for my plastic!!!

As to looking at the stats maybe the most prolific should get a discount for livening the site up????

Just a thought.......
Old 06 February 2006, 21:42   #45

Just noticed JK uses paypal - as I already have an account it's simple - job done!!!

NOTE - JK has the unique distinction of being the 1st person EVER to get me to pay for an internet service!!!
Old 06 February 2006, 22:02   #46

Hey codders, well done, I made it my challenge to get you to sign up as a member. Nice one wellwith fech all happening had to take a bit of sport somewhere

now no one can knock you for using ribnet and not contributing.

actually you do liven it up and i have heard it said by a few folks that thanks to you and the way you have drawn fire in the past as well as helping folks with googling you have contributed immensely to the fun on the site

good on ya

Ps i rarely miss the point but i usually do meet my objectives
so cods, next step is when you get your boat to get out with a few folks from here and enjoy yourself ribbing and then you can chat in real life to folks in real time on real boats. Personally i cant wait to get mine back and get out there having some fun, hope they get your build finished so you can enjoy the summer too. Remember to post those pics and keep us updated.
Old 07 February 2006, 12:38   #47

Quote:
Hey codders, well done, I made it my challenge to get you to sign up as a member. Nice one wellwith fech all happening had to take a bit of sport somewhere

now no one can knock you for using ribnet and not contributing.
[/left]
Err not quite - I actually brought up the subject first!!!
Old 07 February 2006, 17:02   #48

Indeed you did, and I know you would have taken up membership anyway no matter what I put
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Err not quite - I actually brought up the subject first!!!
Old 09 April 2007, 13:39   #49
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
These paid subscriptions have now been replaced by the RIBnet supporters scheme.

Full details are here http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18835

John