Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 March 2015, 16:42   #41
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Length: 5m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 183
Not part of any clique, have a Chinese import boat, talk sh*t at times & picked up as such, get flak / banter when I say something daft...to be honest it's just like work / pub / life.
Poly, you get flak but you get my vote. A team (not the A-Team) needs someone to play Devils Advocate and talk sense at times.
__________________

__________________
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2015, 17:45   #42
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
The A-Team (not a Team) needs Love it when a plan comes together.
Fixed that for ya!
__________________

__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2015, 11:48   #43
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,596
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
....See....that's how you do it Pikey!
Never apologise, never explain
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2015, 15:15   #44
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
I prefer "never give up, never surrender"
Guess the film, which funnily enough bearing in mind this thread content, is a piss take of another film.......
__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2015, 15:24   #45
Member
 
neil.mccrirrick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oldham
Boat name: Nemanda
Make: Aluminium
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp Tohatsu
MMSI: 235065639
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 869
Galaxy quest lol do you wanna buy a toothbrush?


Sent from my iPad using my finger
__________________
If you don't like my opinion, I have others.
neil.mccrirrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2015, 06:20   #46
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Stirling
Boat name: Macaw
Make: Parker 750 CC
Length: 7m +
Engine: VERADO 300XL OB
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 180
Delete Account

Hi moderators

Would it be possible to delete my account from RIBNET

Many thanks Callum.
__________________
Callum Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2015, 06:32   #47
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum Stewart View Post
Hi moderators

Would it be possible to delete my account from RIBNET

Many thanks Callum.
'Fraid not dude. Please see above.
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2015, 08:41   #48
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Stirling
Boat name: Macaw
Make: Parker 750 CC
Length: 7m +
Engine: VERADO 300XL OB
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 180
Thanks

Thanks willk,

Looks like you are stuck with me !!!

All the best Callum.
__________________
Callum Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2016, 04:41   #49
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I pray you, speak not. He grows worse and worse.
Question enrages him. At once, good night.
Stand not upon the order of your going,
But go at once
.

Your account must stay though. Just avoid the Submit Reply button and it will remain dormant.

On almost all forums I have been a member, this is an option, why is it not here? I may at some point decide that I want to close my account on here, there are many non-'toys-out-the-pram' reasons to want to do this and whatever the reason, I believe that just as people have the right to decide to join, they should have the right to decide to leave properly and that means deciding when their account and data they have contributed gets added or deleted. It's just fair that each individual gets to decide these things and that is why people occasionally ask to do this, it's their account and they should be able to take this basic action if they like. There is no reason for hate and obstruction of someone asking to delete their account, I was under no obligation to give reasons to join and I should not be under obligation to give reasons for leaving either, this should be an option for any member. Thankyou
__________________
Yetiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2016, 04:51   #50
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,367
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post

On almost all forums I have been a member, this is an option, why is it not here? I may at some point decide that I want to close my account on here, there are many non-'toys-out-the-pram' reasons to want to do this and whatever the reason, I believe that just as people have the right to decide to join, they should have the right to decide to leave properly and that means deciding when their account and data they have contributed gets added or deleted. It's just fair that each individual gets to decide these things and that is why people occasionally ask to do this, it's their account and they should be able to take this basic action if they like. There is no reason for hate and obstruction of someone asking to delete their account, I was under no obligation to give reasons to join and I should not be under obligation to give reasons for leaving either, this should be an option for any member. Thankyou
I disagree - if you remove an account you remove their threads, you then end up with very disjointed threads with gaps or *some text missing* messages which looks daft and de-values the information - the whole reason a community exists in the first place.

The threads should stay as they are, if you don't want to post / be involved, forget your password, delete the shortcut and don't use google search again.

Was there a reason for teh underlining - makes your post very uncomfortable to read.......
__________________

__________________
Andy

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.