Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 February 2015, 07:04   #1
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Giving a nudge towards trade membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
You lads wouldn't be trying to talk poor andymr into a position where he would get nobbled for trade membership, would you? His kind assistance to our new Frawnsch member has been noted, but he's running on fumes now...
Ruddy Admin! This is why RIBnet is less appealing these days. It's not like he's advertising is it? We're asking the questions!
__________________

__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 08:22   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,251
So send him an email/PM and he answers individually. Post it on here and he replies and poor willk blows a gasket... ...of course he could just hand over some cash and everyone is happy...
__________________

__________________
ShinyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 08:27   #3
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Ruddy Admin! This is why RIBnet is less appealing these days. It's not like he's advertising is it? We're asking the questions!
Nonsense. Admin have been plying for Trade since the get go. You are asking the questions and the poor fella is answering, with email addy and info regarding new boats. If you keep it up I'll eventually have to apply the rules about Trade Membership, as if one individual is allowed to post FOC, then other paid up trade members will complain. Hence my polite nudge to all concerned.

I wonder could I book you for Entrapment, HT?
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 08:43   #4
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
So send him an email/PM and he answers individually. Post it on here and he replies and poor willk blows a gasket... ...of course he could just hand over some cash and everyone is happy...
That's what I would have done! A very provocative way of getting the message across IMO and most defiantly pedantic.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 08:48   #5
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Nonsense. Admin have been plying for Trade since the get go. You are asking the questions and the poor fella is answering, with email addy and info regarding new boats. If you keep it up I'll eventually have to apply the rules about Trade Membership, as if one individual is allowed to post FOC, then other paid up trade members will complain. Hence my polite nudge to all concerned.
I hardly call it a polite way of getting your message across. Polite would be contacting him privately or waiting till the thread got a little more involved in the advertising of a business. Andy merely opened his mouth and your ramming a fist in to it IMO.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 09:06   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: reiver 3.8/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: 40hp 2st 2x6lp 315
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Ruddy Admin! This is why RIBnet is less appealing these days. It's not like he's advertising is it? We're asking the questions!
Kind of agree but I suppose the site has to operate somehow frustrating though
__________________
beamishken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 09:13   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Andy merely opened his mouth and your ramming a fist in to it IMO.
"Oh the Humanity!"

You're being silly now, IMO
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 09:17   #8
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
Kind of agree but I suppose the site has to operate somehow frustrating though
The trouble is that there are many business owners out there with a wealth of knowledge that is useful to the community. If you pounce on someone that offers advice and inadvertently does promote their business then they will never contribute ever again. There is a way of dealing with these helpful types that keeps them onboard with the forum and this way isn't one.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 09:22   #9
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
"Oh the Humanity!"

You're being silly now, IMO
I'm sorry Willk, I don't think I am otherwise I wouldn't be making a point. My post above sums up what an over reaction will do.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 09:30   #10
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
I'm sorry Willk, I don't think I am otherwise I wouldn't be making a point. My post above sums up what an over reaction will do.
Unlike you, I was aware that BWM are still in existence. I was also aware that andymr is a longstanding member and judging from his past posts, well able to handle himself in a scrap with other members and unlikely to be overly upset by me. My concern was primarily the direction that your questions were headed. I appreciate that you don't see it from my point of view.

__________________

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.