Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 January 2005, 17:29   #1
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Events calendar

One of the things that I did away with with the RIBnet revamp is the events calendar. It had to be manually updated, and ended up being more bother than it was worth.

Bollyfish and Andy's recent posts about forthcoming events reminded me that I ought to do something, and then I remembered that the forums actually have a built in calendar system that we're not using.

I've created calendars for cruises, races and other events (it may actually be better to just have one calendar for all events, but we'll see how it goes). I don't want to make the calendars a complete free for all, but it would be good to have a handful of volunteer "diary monitors" to add events and keep them up to date.

Anyone up for it?

John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 January 2005, 18:24   #2
Member
 
Louise's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,039
As you know John, I'm always 'up for it'! Should I make a start with the Solent stuff or do I need 'special powers'? (Assuming you want me, of course, which you might not!!)
__________________

__________________
MUM POWER!
www.biboa.com
Scorpion RIB Group on Facebook
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 January 2005, 03:40   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
One of the things that I did away with with the RIBnet revamp is the events calendar. It had to be manually updated, and ended up being more bother than it was worth.

Bollyfish and Andy's recent posts about forthcoming events reminded me that I ought to do something, and then I remembered that the forums actually have a built in calendar system that we're not using.

I've created calendars for cruises, races and other events (it may actually be better to just have one calendar for all events, but we'll see how it goes). I don't want to make the calendars a complete free for all, but it would be good to have a handful of volunteer "diary monitors" to add events and keep them up to date.

Anyone up for it?

John
We'd be really interested in helping with this John.

P&K
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 January 2005, 11:45   #4
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,147
John

Would be usefull if I could have access to add the Solent gathering dates, unless Missus would be kind enough to do it for me.

Nasher.
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 08:02   #5
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
OK, anyone who is a paid up member should be able to add events now. Let me know if you come across any problems!

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 08:12   #6
Member
 
Louise's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,039
I've added RIBEX to 'June - Other Events' and all is fine. Also, when you click on it, I have added a link to the RIBEX 2005 website giving further details.

P.S. Good idea to give access to all paid up members! Many hands and two heads better than and all that!

P.S. I've left the other events listed by Bollyfish so other members can have a play!
__________________
MUM POWER!
www.biboa.com
Scorpion RIB Group on Facebook
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 12:12   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
OK, anyone who is a paid up member should be able to add events now. Let me know if you come across any problems!

John
Cool... we'll add any events we hear about!

Just stuck in two months' Solent Meets Nasher so as not to overload the bar on the front page ...
BTW JK that 90 days' display might become a little overloaded?

Us
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 12:32   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: Delta 1
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 90hp Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
As you know John, I'm always 'up for it'!
somthing we should know John ?
__________________
JG Marine Services Ltd Specialist Safety Boat Services

Bodfuan Shoot Ltd Traditional British Game Shooting
Jono Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 12:33   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Get back to work Jono G
Must be quiet up there today...

Got some Southern Events logged in now. Please let us know if they need amending.

Us
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2005, 15:10   #10
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens
Just stuck in two months' Solent Meets Nasher so as not to overload the bar on the front page ...
BTW JK that 90 days' display might become a little overloaded?
Don't worry about that -- I can sort it out if it becomes a problem.

John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.