Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 May 2007, 08:46   #1
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Custom Avatars

Can RIB.net allow custom avatars to be displayed under your username whenever you post?

I know it is a feature incorporated in vBulletin.

It would brighten things up somewhat.
__________________

__________________
Andy Moore is offline  
Old 03 June 2007, 07:15   #2
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore View Post
Can RIB.net allow custom avatars to be displayed under your username whenever you post? I know it is a feature incorporated in vBulletin. It would brighten things up somewhat.
JK wasn't keen the last time we asked because the server space it would take up and add nothing to the posts. However you could ask him for green blobs (worthy of a search on Ribnet for the full story as world wars have been started over lesser arguments)

Pete
__________________

__________________
.
Ribnet is best viewed on a computer of some sort
Pete7 is offline  
Old 03 June 2007, 15:34   #3
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
It's a quesion that comes up from time to time, but it's not something that I plan to add any time soon. Server space isn't a problem, but I have still to be convinced that they add anything other than a bit of pointless fluff.

I think that most people are happy with things as they are, but as ever I'm open to persuasion!

John
__________________
John Kennett is online now  
Old 03 June 2007, 16:37   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
No I ain't

I like Avatars why don't we have a poll. I have always been fond of pointless bit's of fluff......just as long as they weren't looking for a long term relationship.

Anybody that cares to look on the Boatmad site can see how charming and entertaing they can be. I love my Boatmad Avatar it makes me happy evry time I see it.

It's a picture of Johnny Fuller when he was in college

What me worry!
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline  
Old 03 June 2007, 17:20   #5
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I like Avatars why don't we have a poll. I have always been fond of pointless bit's of fluff......just as long as they weren't looking for a long term relationship.

Anybody that cares to look on the Boatmad site can see how charming and entertaing they can be. I love my Boatmad Avatar it makes me happy evry time I see it.

It's a picture of Johnny Fuller when he was in college

What me worry!
jk... ...please don't do it - unless there is an option for each user to turn them off in the view they see - I think they look tacky - just look at how crap boatmad looks
__________________
Poly is offline  
Old 03 June 2007, 17:55   #6
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Anybody that cares to look on the Boatmad site can see how charming and entertaing they can be. I love my Boatmad Avatar it makes me happy evry time I see it.
The case for the prosecution rests m'lud . . .

John
__________________
John Kennett is online now  
Old 03 June 2007, 19:20   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
jk... ...please don't do it - unless there is an option for each user to turn them off in the view they see - I think they look tacky - just look at how crap boatmad looks
Shock horror I actually agree with you for once!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline  
Old 04 June 2007, 03:11   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
C'mon Lanky... bring on the "fluff".... and bring back the Blobs... or I'll be forced to take pictures of your humiliation on the 15th......
__________________
Jono is offline  
Old 04 June 2007, 09:03   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Who would you rather invite to a party guys me or Codwart and Polprawn

C'mon lets habe some fun.
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline  
Old 04 June 2007, 09:17   #10
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
C'mon Lanky... bring on the "fluff".... and bring back the Blobs...
I've been considering reinstating the blobs on an individual basis for special people
Quote:
or I'll be forced to take pictures of your humiliation on the 15th......
You reckon? You'll have to wait for me to catch up first!

John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.